Pick apart a Herd Bull Contest!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

SaskHerf

Reaction score
This is a bull we bought last spring. He is a purebred hereford bull in case anyone wondered.. Just wanted to know if he passed everyone's inspections.

Apache.jpg

Fire away.....

What's his breeding? What does he look like now? Is he now a 2 year old?
He looks pretty good in that picture.

Looks pretty decent from that shot. All shaved and prettied up. Looks like he's wearing mascara though, I thought that was for cows, not bulls?? :D

Seriously though, he looks pretty decent in that pic, but I too would like to see a pic of him in his working clothes. I also have a guess on his breeding but I'll wait to see what his bloodlines really are, just in case I'm way off.

He looks like a beef wagon to me too. Seems super thick from that angle too. All in all he looks like a great bull. He would pass my inspection for sure.

Travis Bryan

Where did you all buy that good looking herd sire at? What is his breeding? I would like to see pictures, if you have any. Good pigment around the eyes and looks to have a big top and lots depth. Would really like to kno whis Sire and dam and where you purchased him at. Good looking beef bull. :cboy:

:lol: Very nice!!!!!!!!! We just bought a son of Wideload
and he also is very thick and 'typey' . Id be proud to have your bull in with my herefords! :heart:

holly heifer":122j3p6t said:
:lol: Very nice!!!!!!!!! We just bought a son of Wideload
and he also is very thick and 'typey' . Id be proud to have your bull in with my herefords! :heart:
Did you buy your bull from Able Acres in Indiana? I have been thinking about using Wideload, but I am using Relaod right now. :cboy:

got a pretty head for a bull won't say its feminine but a good looking smallish head on a polled hereford like the pigment around the eye's real well thats a big plus but the rest he's all bull ;-)

Very nice bull... meaty to be sure!

I especially like the snow on the ground. 106 degrees here today, that looks pretty refreshing!

well the picture was taken in the winter time.... we are enjoying a beautiful hot summer.. just finished baling our hay at home.. got 403 6X5 fot bales off of 120 acres....

Very nice bull. I really like the looks of him and I agree with the others.. he looks very thick in that picture.

Jay

I was thinking Gerber Watchfire, but now that you say that, I can see a little Keynote, Haroldson's Raider and just a touch of Devo in him. ;-)

Any way you slice it or dice it, a very fine looking bull. What kind of BW does he throw?

we used him on heifers last year a bit and this year all of the p.b. heifers are with him.... usually 70-80 on the heifers and 85-95 on the cows

SaskHerf":3koo56dk said:
we used him on heifers last year a bit and this year all of the p.b. heifers are with him.... usually 70-80 on the heifers and 85-95 on the cows

Sounds like that's right where I like to see 'em.

Latest posts