Pick apart a Herd Bull Contest!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

A comming three year old in October, a comming two year year old in December, and a comming one year in October.
cattle2006041.jpg

The one on the left is the rump of the bull in the pic above.

I can't say anything on the 2 and 1 yr olds except that they look to have decent rear's. The 3 yr old is lacking a fair amount in the rear and flank area. He does look to have a good amount of stretch to him though.

What bloodlines are these bulls from? I'm always looking to learn about Angus bloodlines.

The both of you have hit the nail on the head about the three year old. He has never had anything to eat until about a week ago when I caught him and brought him home to put some weight on him. I bought him as a yearling where he was weaned on soyhuls and chicken litter then fed chicken litter and grass until I got him. Since I have had him he has been on cows for two winters and a summer. All he has had to eat was grass or hay. So you are right he has never had any rump on him but he has not been fed. I need to put about 200 pounds on him before November when he goes to a sale.
His Angus number is 14583923 so you can look him up if you like. The best thing about this bull is his calves and his EPD's . I am weaning some of his calves, I like em, and they have rumps. I posted some pics last week.
cattle2006036.jpg

alabama":15k1zy09 said:
The both of you have hit the nail on the head about the three year old. He has never had anything to eat until about a week ago when I caught him and brought him home to put some weight on him. I bought him as a yearling where he was weaned on soyhuls and chicken litter then fed chicken litter and grass until I got him. Since I have had him he has been on cows for two winters and a summer. All he has had to eat was grass or hay. So you are right he has never had any rump on him but he has not been fed. I need to put about 200 pounds on him before November when he goes to a sale.
His Angus number is 14583923 so you can look him up if you like. The best thing about this bull is his calves and his EPD's . I am weaning some of his calves, I like em, and they have rumps. I posted some pics last week.
cattle2006036.jpg

You know thats exacally what we did with our angus bull, and he looks just like yours. Its scary how alike they are, but mine has different genetics than yours. Hope yours doesn't make a big upset like mine did, and have the whole forum laughing at ya.

They are welcome to laugh all they want. Nevertheless, I am the one that gets to laugh on the way to the bank with his calves folded up in my pocket. ;-)
I will post him again in November after I get some corn in him. He will still be lacking in his hindquarter but it will be much less noticeably.

Nothing wrong with that black bull, looks like he's been working hard. I bet that bull will put a lot of pounds on fast.

mnmt

SaskHerf":3n8pp8i4 said:
This is a bull we bought last spring. He is a purebred hereford bull in case anyone wondered.. Just wanted to know if he passed everyone's inspections.

Apache.jpg

Fire away.....

Looks like a fatted calf.

Latest posts