Pharo Auction today

Help Support CattleToday:

No, as I recall, I think it was the mature cowherd. Everything 3 yrs and older, maybe. There was a explanation in the Exposure Sale catalog last fall.

I'm pretty sure Timothy Ohlde esquire is a bit of a salesman himself the truth be known. There's some cattle from his place just two miles up the road from me-they don't exactly trip my trigger. I used an OCC bull a few years back his calves were Ok and the daughters were just cows.

We've used Tim's genetics in the past and are going back to them now. They produce functional easy keeping cows that work extremely well in our environment. Tim has BA, a few RA, few shorties, and a few herefords even running around there. They all look the same doesn't matter what breed they are thick, muscular, easy doing bulls.

We have a heifer out of son of the OCC Legend bull. I thought about making her a show heifer for my son, but decided not to mess with it. Put her out on the pasture all winter with poor grass, poor hay (due to drought) and almost no supplement. Penned her a few weeks ago due to putting the bull back in with the cows.

She is so thick and deep now I am thinking of going ahead and showing her. And she did it all on stock piled fescue and poor quality hay.

Them are the easy keeping genetics I want in my cows.

OCC Genetics are what I will reach for when wanting to use an Angus bull to breed for Replacement heifers.

Northern Rancher":4onmhqqj said:
I'm pretty sure Timothy Ohlde esquire is a bit of a salesman himself the truth be known. There's some cattle from his place just two miles up the road from me-they don't exactly trip my trigger. I used an OCC bull a few years back his calves were Ok and the daughters were just cows.

They are not for everybody, just those that want thick, easy keeping, problem free, cattle that are profitable. :)

The ones I got weren't as thick,easy keeping or problem free as the cows they were off of-Ohlde has bred 'some' good ones and some absolute duds-but when your the flavour of the month take the ball and run with it I guess. The 6807 cattle sure weren't fault free and he lines them up pretty steady.

Latest posts