Pet Peeves

Help Support CattleToday:

This may sound strange, but people who volunteer for everything at the cost of their home lives. Don't get me wrong, volunteerism is one of the great things about being American. We are a society of joiners. But I know some folks who raise their hands for everything when there are folks who could do more good, (read: aren't already in fifty things), and then the project turns into a half-assed effort. If you do it well, then do it. Otherwise, stick to the thirty things you are already in. There are others who can also do the job and well, if you will just step aside for a galdarn minute. Go home. See what your kids look like. Clean your house, it's a pig sty. See your spouse. Remember your spouse? That person you married?

Lammie":ob75ocpx said:
My pet peeve is leaving dirty dishes in the sink. I can't stand the thought of it. It's kinda pathologic, when you think of it. I once came home from an invasive medical procedure that required heavy drugs and what did I do when I staggered through the door? Unloaded the dishwasher.
You sound like my wife Lammie
When I am cooking if I lay a utensil down next thing I know it is washed
I tell her to wait til I am done then she can wash all the dishes instead of washing them a dozen times while I am using them

Good one about the herpes drug commercials! I guess mass advertising prescription drugs to the public would have to be another pet peeve. Those get so annoying and the whole concept is inappropriate.

Most of mine have been covered already but here are a couple more:

1. People that sit in front of you at a sporting event and use an umbrella.

2. People that leave early from a sporting event when the outcome is still in question in order to beat the traffic.

ChrisB":3avxrmuu said:
Most of mine have been covered already but here are a couple more:

1. People that sit in front of you at a sporting event and use an umbrella.

2. People that leave early from a sporting event when the outcome is still in question in order to beat the traffic.
that was me at rodeo's...... just right before the last bull rider. one time a bull riding friend of mine was up on a friday night , and had too be at work the next day he drove to montgomery got on his bull, we were standing there waiting to watch his ride, he bucks off. me wife and kids high tail it out the the coliseum and he pass's us before we get too the red light
:p

MO_cows":2x1qvg7p said:
Good one about the herpes drug commercials! I guess mass advertising prescription drugs to the public would have to be another pet peeve. Those get so annoying and the whole concept is inappropriate.

Do you think that anyone walks into the doctor's office and says, I think I have a stomach ulcer and this is what I want to take because I saw it on television?

I guess they probably do. I've never had the stones to say that to my doctor. She knows what's going on a little better than I do. Of course, the pham. sales reps have already been there.

People that give money to homeless people at intersections. Your holding up traffic for crying out loud.

Homeless people that ask for a hand out while smoking and drinking a beer.

I have nothing for these either. Nor those idiots that stand in the middle of a four way stop holding cans trying to get donations for the "First Sanctified Church of the What's Happening Now".

But I did come out of a convenience store one day and a man was standing up against the building and asked me "can you give me a dollar for a cold beer"?? Now he could have said coffee or something else but it was hot as the hinges of hel that day and I said 'Darn right...gave him 2 bucks and told him to enjoy a couple on me".

TexasBred":1n9toy3c said:
People that give money to homeless people at intersections. Your holding up traffic for crying out loud.

Homeless people that ask for a hand out while smoking and drinking a beer.

I have nothing for these either. Nor those idiots that stand in the middle of a four way stop holding cans trying to get donations for the "First Sanctified Church of the What's Happening Now".

But I did come out of a convenience store one day and a man was standing up against the building and asked me "can you give me a dollar for a cold beer"?? Now he could have said coffee or something else but it was hot as the hinges of hel that day and I said 'Darn right...gave him 2 bucks and told him to enjoy a couple on me".
2 dollars ?.. poor feller would have to settle for the beast... but i guess thats better than hair tonic........or is it :cowboy:

Went to town today to Wal-Mart and found another one ( overweight women that try to fit themselfs into low hip hugging jeans that are 2 sizes too small with short tops showing all the spill over) not a pretty site,

CKC1586":3jmqu4v4 said:
Well, I know this is probably petty but it really bugs me. The improper use of "your" and "you're" .

Yes, and also "their" and "they're".

I just thought of another one: I hate those ambulance chasing lawyer commercials that want you to call if you've been exposed to asbestos or misdiagnosed by a doctor, etc. Just seems awfully unprofessional to me.

I am rarely impatient, I do not like when people are impatient with me. Pet peeves are sentences that start with "It's not fair.....", people who pat their own backs, people who make decisions that directly affect me without my input (that one maybe more than a pet peeve), and people who want to teach but not learn. Also has been a rash around here lately of no one eating supper after I have taken the time to cook it. :? Oh, and cupboard doors left open ~ I have been scalped too many times! :help:

I am usally patient and just go about my buisness.But when I'm waiting at the checkout and the dam cashier is having a conservation on the phone I can get some kind of upset.I have left things on the counter and walked out.And for some of the young men out there,pull your dam britches up,I ain't interested in what color underware you have. :mad: :mad:

Calman

Calman":3ayywgll said:
I am usally patient and just go about my buisness.But when I'm waiting at the checkout and the dam cashier is having a conservation on the phone I can get some kind of upset.I have left things on the counter and walked out.And for some of the young men out there,pull your dam britches up,I ain't interested in what color underware you have. :mad: :mad:

Calman
So Cal, that does not go for the girls? :lol:

People who talk to me while chewing their food. :frowns:

Rude employees, who never acknowledge me standing at their checkout and stand with their back to me while they scan my items and are joking/flirting with the next cashier. :mad: and yes, I will say something to them. :devil2:

Tangled up metal hangers. :help:

men who wear pinky rings. I don't trust them for some reason. :)

women who greet their women friends with "hey *itch" :???: I don't get it.

people who gossip or start trouble at work.

people who take credit for work I did. :x

A dirty house

people who drive with their arm hanging out the window...honestly scares me and I want to tell them not to do that. It's a childhood fear thing :(

the list goes on....

FarmGirl10":3tduw2ay said:
Calman":3tduw2ay said:

Calman
So Cal, that does not go for the girls? :lol:

You did notice I didn't mention the girls. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Most have been mentioned especially "Mr loud cellphone talker",texting while driving, parents who want to be their childs friend.Women who have to let you in on every detail of their childbirth, truckdrivers who won't pull up at the fuel island,truckdrivers in 63mph trucks trying to pass a 62mph truck. PEOPLE THAT DON'T USE TURN SIGNALS,OR TURN THEM ON AFTER THEY HIT THEIR BRAKES. Obnoxiuos pets, I don't want fluffy on me or licking me, and I don't want your cat's @$$ in my face. People that arrive at conclusions without looking at something objectively. Iguess I'm just petty cause I'm peeved all the time! :help:

Calman":tuo0ljrs said:

Calman
:clap: :nod: :clap: :nod: Yes!!! Who in the hello decided it looked good or was fashionable to wear those baggy butt pants! Looks STUPID!!!

Latest posts