Pet Peeves

Help Support CattleToday:

The cardboard roll where toilet paper use to be!

Eating out of the serving dish. How hard is it to put on your plate.

Auburn_Ag":pvtqvvhy said:
The cardboard roll where toilet paper use to be!

Eating out of the serving dish. How hard is it to put on your plate.
that wasnt uncommon around here in the old days, don't think its original origin was from bad manners, but the poor people did it. cource back then if folks had a pet peeve they just shot you :p

Being forced to listen to someones rap music at a stop light, those who think they own the fast lane, being told every single word of someone else's conversation, mandatory human waste viewing (just flush the dang thing!), negative reciprocity lifestyles, the guy with 25 years of professional experience who still lists being an Eagle Scout as a main accomplishment on his resume, those who aren't interested in solutions......

BeefmasterB":3gkehkip said:
Being forced to listen to someones rap music at a stop light, those who think they own the fast lane, being told every single word of someone else's conversation, mandatory human waste viewing (just flush the dang thing!), negative reciprocity lifestyles, the guy with 25 years of professional experience who still lists being an Eagle Scout as a main accomplishment on his resume, those who aren't interested in solutions......
you got that right , they act like if they like it ,you should too. are your gonna hear it anyway.

There is a guy around here that likes to leave his door open with the music blasting when he walks into the conveniance store. :mad:

Walt

The way to fix that is to get you a nice classical music CD, and when you pull up next to that idiot with the rap music, put in the CD, (opera works well, too) and let er rip. You get the strangest looks.

I read a couple of good ones on here. Generally, I don't have many pet peeves. However, I do have a couple...

Hypocrites (and especially religious hypocrites)...I don't mind sinners like me. It is the non-sinner holy rolley type that really irritate me to the extreme. It is one thing to be an evangelist and steal money from the public, and this is not a pet peeve to me. It is an entirely a different thing to present one's self in public different than one's true self. I would rather have a person appear naturally, even though the person may have the most shortcomings in the world, than to disguise themselves behind another appearance, such as a very religious person.

The second one, is related to the first one, except on a message board. For example, someone entering a prayer request, and then later on, be rude to someone.

HerefordSire":2yw8txka said:
I read a couple of good ones on here. Generally, I don't have many pet peeves. However, I do have a couple...

Hypocrites (and especially religious hypocrites)...I don't mind sinners like me. It is the non-sinner holy rolley type that really irritate me to the extreme. It is one thing to be an evangelist and steal money from the public, and this is not a pet peeve to me. It is an entirely a different thing to present one's self in public different than one's true self. I would rather have a person appear naturally, even though the person may have the most shortcomings in the world, than to disguise themselves behind another appearance, such as a very religious person.

The second one, is related to the first one, except on a message board. For example, someone entering a prayer request, and then later on, be rude to someone.
you'd hate it in my neck of the wood.. theres a certian denomination and several different levels of it here, that treat every one but their own like their on a fast train to he!@, they act like your pretty much just trash to them

Lammie":1lfle3ta said:
The way to fix that is to get you a nice classical music CD, and when you pull up next to that idiot with the rap music, put in the CD, (opera works well, too) and let er rip. You get the strangest looks.

I do the same thing but with Country music. The problem is that some of these people have speakers as big their vehicles. The windows in my truck literally vibrate sometimes when I'm alongside of them. It's that loud bass tone that's the most irritating to me. The air horns work real well in drowning out their noise pollution!

Boy you people sure are peeved by a lot of things. Not me, I am just happy go lucky and take everything in stride... :lol: :p

Oops, I think my nose is growing..
15_8_2061.gif

I would have to say people who stop and chat in the store aisle and block the path, and when you say excuse me, but actually feel like saying, move your %$&*, you get this look like they have not a clue what they are doing, I guess rude people in general is a big pet peeve.

The other day I went to my sons concert at school, this lady was sitting next to me, and she was chewing her gum and cracking it, and fanning herself with a program, then she asks myself, and the 2 people next to me, can we move our chairs a bit, so she can have more room, she is just squished. But the topper was when she kept clapping, loudly even after everyone else had stopped, very annoying.

GMN

hillsdown":2m1o2im0 said:
Boy you people sure are peeved by a lot of things. Not me, I am just happy go lucky and take everything in stride... :lol: :p
Oops, I think my nose is growing..
15_8_2061.gif
well sure.. your probably just glad to be able to see a warm sunny day,................ once a year
:p

Another one is when people don't call you back when they say they will, then you wonder should you call them, come off as a pest or just let it be, I guess the same could go for emailing too.

Another one, is when you are having a conversation with someone, they ask you something, your'e responding and they are looking around the room, obviously not giving a hoot about what you just said-can't get more rude than that.

GMN

Bad drivers, notice I didn't say slow drivers. I realize that slow drivers are that way for a reason. My son just turned 14 and is driving now, the last thing I want is him with the hammer down and me in the passenger seat. Patience is good.

iowahawkeyes":8o31n4yq said:
Bad drivers, notice I didn't say slow drivers. I realize that slow drivers are that way for a reason. My son just turned 14 and is driving now, the last thing I want is him with the hammer down and me in the passenger seat. Patience is good.
What the heck is your driving age? Last time I was driving through Iowa I saw a kid that couldn't be older than 12 driving a car and his passanger who maybe was 15 was drinking a beer. :lol: Down interstate...

My biggest pet peeve would be arrogant people, I hate arrogant people.

And I hate cell phones.

GMN":1b3fz34o said:
I would have to say people who stop and chat in the store aisle and block the path, and when you say excuse me, but actually feel like saying, move your %$&*, you get this look like they have not a clue what they are doing, I guess rude people in general is a big pet peeve.

The other day I went to my sons concert at school, this lady was sitting next to me, and she was chewing her gum and cracking it, and fanning herself with a program, then she asks myself, and the 2 people next to me, can we move our chairs a bit, so she can have more room, she is just squished. But the topper was when she kept clapping, loudly even after everyone else had stopped, very annoying.

GMN

This is my last one, I swear! I have been a band parent for the last ten years or so and I can say that they way people behave in band concerts just annoys the crud out of me. It's a band concert, not a rock concert. Don't hoop and holler in the auditorium. At least not unil the whole thing is over. I've heard parents do this during the songs. "Yeah! Way to go Brandy! Yeah!" :mad:

In general, I have seen the level of good manner drop in the last ten years. People don't know how to conduct themselves in public.

FarmGirl10":hvjs8joi said:
iowahawkeyes":hvjs8joi said:
What the heck is your driving age? Last time I was driving through Iowa I saw a kid that couldn't be older than 12 driving a car and his passanger who maybe was 15 was drinking a beer. :lol: Down interstate...

You can get a permit at 14. Then a graduated license etc. til 18. 18- a real license. If I saw kid's drinking beer in a car I would have called the cops, I have no time for that stuff.

Lammie":q2532egg said:
This is my last one, I swear! I have been a band parent for the last ten years or so and I can say that they way people behave in band concerts just annoys the crud out of me. It's a band concert, not a rock concert. Don't hoop and holler in the auditorium. At least not unil the whole thing is over. I've heard parents do this during the songs. "Yeah! Way to go Brandy! Yeah!" :mad:

In general, I have seen the level of good manner drop in the last ten years. People don't know how to conduct themselves in public.
You are 100 per cent correct. But it has been going downhill for longer than ten years. When I was a kid if you weren't taught proper social behavior at home, you were taught at school. For example, we were taught that chewing gum in public was crude and showed ignorance and a lack of proper home training. Same with talking in assembly such as a band performance. There were some words that were just vulgar and were not acceptable in polite society. Immature and impolite children were the ones that delighted in words that referred to bathroom functions. Now this type of speech seems to be accepted as a social norm.
Yet some of these people in today's society go fanatic on being politically correct.

Latest posts