Personal Protection

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy for those of you who live and have a job where you feel you don't need protection. I do not feel that way so I will carry mine tomorrow. Did not mean to make anyone mad but that is the way it is here. :frowns:

kenny thomas":2z5082y9 said:
I am happy for those of you who live and have a job where you feel you don't need protection. I do not feel that way so I will carry mine tomorrow. Did not mean to make anyone mad but that is the way it is here. :frowns:

I live for the day when I can leave this god foresaken place, I would like nothing better than to live where my farm property is, but I have to work for a living for now.

hillsdown":1sef0c6w said:
I love where I live it is a small very quiet community we all look out for each other. I do not lock my doors even when I am alone at night. I run to town for 3-4 hours and my doors are left unlocked .

That's exactly where I grew up, about 20 minutes from where I live now. My parents still live there. Mom just started locking her door this year. The main reason being a friend of ours was killed back in the spring, she lived about 6 or 7 miles from here, in between my parents and us. She was the teacher's aide when I was in 5th grade, a widower who lived by herself and the whole community adored. I would be shocked beyond belief if there is anyone in this world who would have uttered a comment about Opal other than adoration. She was stabbed to death by two hopped up teenagers, (one of which went to the school where she volunteered after retirement), because they needed her car to drive 15 miles to town for drugs.

We've never had anything like that happen here, but I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts