Pay no attention to this post

Help Support CattleToday:

Wenceslao Herrera 24 a 'soldier' under Pancho Villa was 1 of several captured March 18 1915 during the Mexican revolution.
Without a trial, they were all sentenced to be executed by firing squad. Shot 8 or 9 times in the body, he was then shot in the head
at point blank range and left for dead. On July 16 1937 he was a guest on "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" radio program.
He had crawled 3 blocks to St James church where he was found that night unconscious and nursed back to health.
Although disfigured and now nicknamed "El Fusilado" (The one shot) Herrera lived to be 86 dying July 29 1976

Last edited:
Ray (on) wore a
Nylon suit, with a
Polyester tie and drove a
Fiberglass corvette

Rayon was the belts in the old bias ply tires.
Nylon came along and made em better.
Polyester is still still used today
As well as fiberglass.

This is the order of sidewall strength in most tires from weakest to strongest.

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

The saying "Two can live as cheaply as one" isn't quite true. In reality it costs roughly 116% but still a savings of 84%
That is like buying it because it was on sale, even when you didn't need it. My ex was great at that she would tell me how much money she saved, but then I would ask did you need it. Usually the answer was no, but it was on sale. She didn't save us any money.

2020 Median Net Worth grouped by age

18-29 $7,865 and bottom 25% of those 18-29 median net worth is a minus 2,540 aka broke as a joke.
30-39 $45,315
40-49 $145,765
50-59 $182,430
60-69 $250,300
70-79 $265,750
80+ $235,190

I don't think I've ever had a chigger on me, and ticks look for easier prey (I stink)
Mosquitoes are a different story; I make sure to have my wife close by as bait.

I don't think I've ever had a chigger on me, and ticks look for easier prey (I stink)
Mosquitoes are a different story; I make sure to have my wife close by as bait.
I worked with a guy that died from complications from chigger bites. He fell asleep on the grass and was really in bad shape. Seemed to pull through but a few years later some problems showed up and he died.

And the d**n seed ticks! I could walk to my mailbox and when I came back I'd have a hundred on me. I got some chickens and let them run the yard, and that helped, but the racoons are brutal in Arkansas. And they like chicken...

Almost forgot, we also have some mighty wicked storms. Seems like every week during the spring and summer, somebody loses a trailer house and we're doing a cake walk for them.

Best y'all dig in where you're at.

I have never seen a chigger and I have no clue what they look like. An uncle was down in Arkansas squashed a blister beetle in that crawled up in his jeans. I guess he had quite a blister on his leg for awhile.

I have never seen a chigger and I have no clue what they look like. An uncle was down in Arkansas squashed a blister beetle in that crawled up in his jeans. I guess he had quite a blister on his leg for awhile.
Chiggers are too small to see. They dig in and you get a bump like an ingrown hair... and it itches. And the more you scratch the more it itches. They are the bug from Hell.

They like to get into tight spaces under your belt, or anywhere something contacts you tightly, and they dig in so the tight garment rubs and makes the itching worse.

Yes, those "blister beetles" are heck. You need to stay away too, and teach your kids to avoid this nastiest known as Arkansas.

Yes, those "blister beetles" are heck. You need to stay away too, and teach your kids to avoid this nastiest known as Arkansas.
I have no need to ever go to Arkansas, and as far as my kid who knows where he may end up; he is working in IT for the school district, and will finish his degree this semester. He currently is in Iola Kansas, but I would love to get him to come back to Wyoming.

Latest posts