Pay no attention to this post

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes. I just live a few miles from the state line. It's a bar and has a to-go window.
Normal routine is (was?) to stop on my way home and fuel on Friday afternoon, then drive to the Oklahoma beer store for a 30 pack.

That Oklahoma establishment may go out of business now. It exists at the state line, only because we were dry here next door. It's a very rural area. Not enough Oklahoma residents to support it.
Don't forget the buzz balls.

3.2?
Or real oklahoma beer?
Being a native, you know better than me, but I think it was about October 2019 when Oklahoma allowed hi-test. Up until then, it was a 3.2 or less state.

So, I've had the <3.2% beer my whole life until recently. You'll have to explain the definition of "real" to me, cause I don't think Oklahoma beer was it.

Being a native, you know better than me, but I think it was about October 2019 when Oklahoma allowed hi-test. Up until then, it was a 3.2 or less state.

So, I've had the <3.2% beer my whole life until recently. You'll have to explain the definition of "real" to me, cause I don't think Oklahoma beer was it.
Right!
Okie beer used to be 3.2 forever.

Now all 6 point beer here. Took a WHILE to get that pushed thru.

Didn't know what they allowed ya in Arkansas. But 3.2 is better than no point I reckon! 🤷

I don't drink hardly at all. Very occasionally will I have a taste for it.

I didn't think it was possible to get drunk on Ok beer until I did some oil field work around Elk City. Ya just had to drink lots of it but you'd wear out both kidneys and a bladder before you began to feel the effects of 3.2...
Twas easier to just drive on West to Wheeler or Shamrock Tx..

Last edited:
Oklahoma started selling hi-test a few years ago.

Well I went to town this morning for some sprayer parts. Town is usually slow, but this morning it was ripe dead.

Everyone must be nursing a hangover.

It's happened. I just bought beer in our county, legally.
It was on the ballot for the umpteenth time last fall.
I stopped at the fuel pumps today, just a little mom and pop convenience store with two pump stations out front.

I don't recall ever having to wait in a line for fuel, nor when walking inside to pay for it.
Owner, Brian, was carrying empty cardboard beer boxes outside to an overflowing dumpster. He had sold his first beer at 8:30am and said it hadn't slowed down.

I came through from work to get my Friday afternoon dose of fuel. I still didn't have to wait on anyone pumping fuel, but I did have to wait on a couple folks to move their vehicles. They were using it as a parking lot while they shopped.

I did have to stand in line to pay for my fuel, behind a half dozen folks paying for their beer and foo-foo drinks. It was a madhouse. I'm hoping the excitement will fade, or at least become more evenly distributed.

This is the first time for everyone alive this day to be able to purchase alcohol since Prohibition (in Polk County AR, to include all surrounding counties in AR).

Seems like a watershed moment. I'm not sure what to think yet.
Same story here, different county

Better than being too quick.
That's kinda how I fetched my wife. During my marriage proposal, I told her "I may not be very good, but I'm slow".
She said "I do! and as long as you're slow we can work on the other".

27 years later, I'm still striving for perfection. She's a patient woman. Beautiful.

Latest posts