Pastureing cattle with horses?

Help Support CattleToday:

When you see the horses biting on the neck of baby calves then you will no what the train wreck looks like. Horses dont like small things in the pasture with them. I have watched that wreck personally then I got to help cast the broken leg.

Personally I run my own horses and cows together, but I'd never put my cattle with someone elses horses. There's no way to know what to expect. If the horses absolutely have to stay, I'd fence off a portion for the horses and maybe install a pump and trough system from the pond so you won't have to haul water. I've had to haul water for a week when our well pump went down and I hope to never have to do it again!

I have a horse that caint wait to get around cattle,I stall him next to my pens when I work cattle and he is in there bucking and crow hopping around,I believe that horse just lives to chase/bite kick/paw /push knock down cattle,he is a good cow pony when he has a rider,but on his own he is a disaster around cattle......................good luck

Latest posts