Pasture Rent

Help Support CattleToday:

We also pay $7.00 per head per month (under 700 lbs, $6.50 month) and $7.50 month for cow/calf pair.

My brother-in-law just said this evening that river bottom crop land is running (due to the increased corn price of $3.10 bushel) $175-$200 an acre per year (cash basis). Perhaps you're not planning on putting in crops though.

we take in pasture cattle for $180/pair for a 5 month grazing season, so roughly $36/month per pair per month. we fix the fence, maintain windmills, and check the cattle if they prefer.

I am looking for pasture here in kansas, there is none. I would pretty much pay whatever for it, plus offered to keep up the fences.

We charge $7.50 per head per month. That's for 3rd stage mature cows. We provide fence, grass and water.

dun

I really like missouri, if the stars aligned right i wouldn't complain about moving there. Lots of cows, good people, pretty country, lots of trees. I do believe a guy could get some land for cheap and build ahouse and not be seen for years.

Wow, I guess we are pretty fortunate...We pay a flat $30/acre per year. Doesn't matter if it's crop ground or pasture. We do the upkeep..fencing, weeds, etc.

I realize you're asking about renting pasture in the USA, but for information's sake on this forum, and to illustrate what's happening on the outside, I'll add my two-cents worth: here in Colombia, South America, they're paying $9.50/month on excellent, planted pasture. :D

$25 an acre per year. They built the fence. 10 year lease.

It pays the taxes.

Caustic Burno":1ufdimny said:
KMacGinley":1ufdimny said:
Don't know if this is the right place for this, but the people I respect the most seem to hang out here. How much do you guys that rent pasture pay per head per month? Thanks. :)

Mack there is not a lot of leased pastures around here the last one that I knew of was 10 bucks an acre.
You take the average of 400 bucks a cow unit cost a year and add another 120 dollars on that profits are getting ate up pretty fast.
I thought your $400 per cow included land cost, interest, and taxes. So wouldn't that be reduced? Also the lease can be written off completely. I have a couple of leases and I'm paying $40-50 per head/ year.

Latest posts