New pasture season

Help Support CattleToday:

Dubcharo said:

Dubuc Edge 7753E born August 13 2017. Svy Grizzly 521C X Shelco Made Easy 512R

Dubuc Diego 605D born January 4 2016. MVY Xplorer 21X X LT Unlimited Ease 9108.
Heifer bull

Good looking pair, both look like they would do well in crossbreeding.

Do you still winter all of your cows under roof?

sim.-ang.king said:
Dubcharo said:

Dubuc Edge 7753E born August 13 2017. Svy Grizzly 521C X Shelco Made Easy 512R

Dubuc Diego 605D born January 4 2016. MVY Xplorer 21X X LT Unlimited Ease 9108.
Heifer bull

Good looking pair, both look like they would do well in crossbreeding.

Do you still winter all of your cows under roof?

Yes sure they were out June 11 this year 2 weeks later than normal, we had some corn silage left and pastures were not ready.

I really like Dubuc Edge. I always look forward to your pictures. Beautiful animals.

76 Bar said:
Regardless of breed...exceptional and impressively uniform cattle. :tiphat:
Would appreciate if you'd share some insights on your history with Charolais and their genetics.
Our father began with Hereford around 1965, cross them with a charolais bull and have less fat and 100lbs more at weaning. People told him that he will lost a lot of cows and calves, he finish that year with 26 calves from 25 cows.
Now we are 3 brothers (I'm the youngest at 50) 125 cows, we finish most of our calves at the farm and sell near half for breeding to commercial breeders and some purebred.
We are french canadians (Quebec) and I'm the only one speaking english.
I'm not a fan of horns, I like moderate frame but we need growth to be relevant as a race in the beef industry so I prefer to say that a bull should not bring calving difficulty instead of small birth weight or calving ease. Our average birthweight is near 100lbs, our cows calves in cold barns in January and Febuary for the most part so we can have a big one from time to time.
They are fed free choice hay and corn silage after calving, before calving it's first cut of hay. That's part of why they are deep, there is no miracles in beef they need to heat if you want pounds for sale. We A.I. near 100 heads each spring that's where we found our new genetics and keep the best one that fit here. In summer it's pasture rotation each 4-5 days. Calves are creep fed with oats and some corn. We wean the calves at the end of September. The cows are indoors from mid november to the end of may. We receive 3-4 foot of snow and can have rain in January so we prefer a roof over them.

If you have some specific questions it will be a pleasure to respond. It can be long write a life of breeding and I need to such my words from time to time! Thanks for the interest I know that we live in a world of Angus ans Hereford but puting some white animals here like the others who post pictures of different breeds bring colors to that board!
Guy Dubuc

Some new pics.

HRJ Maverick son (Born January 16)

Mother of twins, she is a twin with a male. Below are her twins by HRJ Maverick

Born January 8.

Circle cee legend son (dehorned) Born January 15.

Group of cows with heifer calves.

HRJ Maverick daughter (Born January 20)