Pasture Condition (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Here is one of our herd sires. I've posted pictures of him before but I finally went out and got one of him in pasture condition. He's been out with 25 or so females on grass only since march 25th.

He was a TLBT (youth) National Grand Champion. In his FIRST calf crop he produced the Fort Worth Stock Show Youth Reserve Grand Champion Female (150+ Females in show), the World Reserve Junior Champion Female and the World Grand Champion Bull. None of his calve were beaten by another bull (he did have 1 daughter get 2nd, behind another of his daughters). He was also named the World Grand Champion Get-of-Sire.

RCR SCORPION'S STINGER
RCRScorpionsStinger_Small_.jpg

I think he looks pretty good for a show bull out to pasture on grass only. ya'll think he's holding up okay?

Ryan

Wow, I come from a different part of the world and to be totally honest I didn't think you could get muscling like that on a Longhorn. I am very impressed especially in pasture condition.
Plus it sure sounds like he is breeding how you would hope he would.
Congratulations.
Goddy

goddy":3kccqr8a said:
Wow, I come from a different part of the world and to be totally honest I didn't think you could get muscling like that on a Longhorn. I am very impressed especially in pasture condition.
Congratulations.
Goddy

I was thinking the same thing. What is the catch?

I've never been one to like the looks of the Longhorn (not tryin to start a fight, I just don't know much about 'em)
But I like the looks of this guy.
He looks like he's holdin up just fine!

karlie45":1eq8042z said:
I've never been one to like the looks of the Longhorn (not tryin to start a fight, I just don't know much about 'em)
But I like the looks of this guy.
He looks like he's holdin up just fine!

I agree. For a longhorn, he's really filled out nice.

Brute 23":2sc10nfl said:
goddy":2sc10nfl said:
Congratulations.
Goddy

:shock: :shock:

Horticattleman":3mfpvtcy said:
He can't be purebred Longhorn, can he. I mean he just doesn't fit the type. Looks too beefy. If he is he sure is nice though ;-)

Oh, he is 100% Texas Longhorn! No doubt in my mind. Although we did not raise him, we are close friends with the breeder of his sire and dam. They are honest, good people that I have known all of my life, and I have no question about the purity of this bull. Although some might have questions about him, I have seen the development throughout the years of the programs he is the product of.

We are very excited to have him in our program! He has taken our program to a new level, and created a tremendous demand in our calves. I have sold all available heifers from our 2007 calf crop. The unavailable heifers were the ones that my boss told me I was not allowed to sell, so we could have our show string and keep a few for replacement... they were not unavailable because of a lack of quality, but because of an abundance of quality.

Ryan

Brute 23":2fn06g0a said:
goddy":2fn06g0a said:
Congratulations.
Goddy

No Catch. You can get muscling like that on a Texas Longhorn. It takes a good eye, a disciplined breeding program, and the right kind of foundation. He has many many champions in his pedigree and comes from the combination of 2 outstanding breeding programs that have been developing quality Texas Longhorn animals for multiple decades now.

The big thing is that most people think of Texas Longhorns is a more "rangy" animal. Along with the breeders who are trying to improve/increase the horn aspects of Texas Longhorns, there are many breeders trying to improve structure, capacity, thickness, muscling, feed conversion, and things like that. Just like the "horn" breeders have gone from a bull have about 60" tip to tip as being really good, to needing 70"+ to 75"+ bulls, the breeders trying for more beef have done a lot of improvement over the last 15+ years or so. There has been a lot of intense dedication, selection and management to get the Texas Longhorns where they are now... in regards to horn and beef.

Ryan

Well if you could take the horns off and make him all red he would be alright....Just kidding ....Nice bull

Latest posts