Pain relief

Help Support CattleToday:

BFE

Reaction score
8CBC2EB8-E25E-4D5F-9FBE-3FCCD1E8B2AB.jpeg
My right foot hurts me every day especially the heel. I'm on my feet a lot. Not debilitating but very uncomfortable some days. Used this product yesterday and absolutely no pain last night. I know we're all not spring chickens here, thought it might do some good for someone else.

I have used it and get no relief from it. At one time it seemed to help the knees a little. But not in several years. There is nothing that touches the knees now.... and didn't help the ankle either. The ankle replacement was the VERY BEST THING I EVER DID..... knee replacements coming in 3 weeks... Oct 25th.... and I am not one for wanting to get cut on but at this point I can't wait..... hurts to stand, to walk, and if I have to stay in one position for more than 10 minutes, or like standing/walking doing grocery shopping, I am in agony when I get to the truck in a half hour. I usually have to use the little ride on carts with the baskets if I want to do any serious shopping for anything... or can't do it. The Voltaren does help the shoulders a little.....

I have used it and get no relief from it. At one time it seemed to help the knees a little. But not in several years. There is nothing that touches the knees now.... and didn't help the ankle either. The ankle replacement was the VERY BEST THING I EVER DID..... knee replacements coming in 3 weeks... Oct 25th.... and I am not one for wanting to get cut on but at this point I can't wait..... hurts to stand, to walk, and if I have to stay in one position for more than 10 minutes, or like standing/walking doing grocery shopping, I am in agony when I get to the truck in a half hour. I usually have to use the little ride on carts with the baskets if I want to do any serious shopping for anything... or can't do it. The Voltaren does help the shoulders a little.....
Looks like I am heading down the knife road again.
Think it's cervical vertigo problem between C7 and T-1. I have had disc problems for years all fusion does is get the one below in a few years.
It's all the crap you have to go through to get there.
Had to see an ENT to rule out inner ear, have to start vestibuler PT and see an ophthalmologist. Your balance is controlled by the balls of your feet, eyes and inner ear all sending signals to the brain.
All these reports will be forwarded to the neurologist in December for that appointment to determine treatment actions.

View attachment 9041
My right foot hurts me every day especially the heel. I'm on my feet a lot. Not debilitating but very uncomfortable some days. Used this product yesterday and absolutely no pain last night. I know we're all not spring chickens here, thought it might do some good for someone else.
I had Plantar Fasciitis, very painful, felt like stepping on a knife.
Podiatrist made arch supports for me $500? my insurance paid 80% so I forget.
It was a dozen years ago, eventually they wore out and I didn't replace them.
I think The Good Foot Store gets $400+ for their arch supports and look to be the same quality my doctor made.

Now I have severe pain in the left heel - Achilles Tendonitis
My podiatrist advised, R-I-C-E (Rest - Ice - Compression - Elevation) and Ibuprofen.
He said I should have continued with good arch supports and that the tendon connection at the base of the heel is starting to fray from overuse.
He gave me a BioSkin TriLok Ankle Brace ($70 on amazon) to wear while my foot is in a walking boot for 8 weeks healing.

Good arch supports are worth the money. Think I'll go to the Good Foot Store
after my foot heals, because my insurance no longer covers arch supports.

My point is to save a trip to the doctor for foot pain, buy an ankle brace like the BioSkin for compression and stabilization (it's kind of like using a fancy ace bandage or taping an ankle for football) and good arch supports.

Last edited:
I had planter f the Dr gave me stretching exercises. A 2x4 on the floor with your toes up on it and your heels on the floor stretches out the tendons while you do dishes etc. I was able to stretch away the problem.

Jan,
I feel for you. Sounds just like I was 9 years ago. How could I forget it. Had both knees replaced at different times. Had people ask me how can you let a Dr cut on your knees? My answer was , if your bones are rubbing against each other you would let them cut also. Best relief I ever had. My second knee operation was being held up by another Dr for other reasons and when she gave the go ahead I called my surgeon and told him to sharpen his knife I was coming over.
Hope your surgery and rehab go well. It takes a lot of determination and grit to get through it and enjoy the final outcome. I'm sure you have plenty experience with that with your ankle surgery requiring the same. Again, Good luck!

@bbirder , Thanks for the well wishes.... I am practically counting the days. Testing is heavy these next 2 weeks to get everyone done before I go in as I have told everyone I am not testing the month of Nov.... and will let them know how it goes as to what will come after that... so all this "extra hurt" will just make me more "wanting it done".....

Latest posts