Relief

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence

Keyboard cowboy
Reaction score
August has been a real grind as always but sure seemed bad this year. Good rain last night with more coming. Just sent out text to my guys, don't come to work without fishing gear, the rivers on a rise.

I didn't get any rain last night, but we have decent chances for the next week or so. And the 10-day forecast is showing high of 80° and low of 60° next week Thursday. I'm looking forward to that.

Rafter S said:
I didn't get any rain last night, but we have decent chances for the next week or so. And the 10-day forecast is showing high of 80° and low of 60° next week Thursday. I'm looking forward to that.
Our winter is coming early.

Caustic Burno said:
Rafter S said:

I've been wondering the same thing.
We have forecasted lows in the high 40s next week I think it is.
Not quite ready for that. We dang sure dont need a freeze this early.

Caustic Burno said:
Rafter S said:

I blame global warming.

(Just in case anyone didn't get my point, I read somewhere that purple text is supposed to denote sarcasm.)

First pic was 8/22. Unbelievably happy Hubby & step son put in a new culvert at the south pond. Looks awesome, right? Fast forward to today. Yeah, it's gone. Seriously, downstream & mangled in the trees. Guess the dirt & clay didn't have time to properly set before we got pounded with 5+" in a matter of hours today.

Well...still dry as a popcorn fart here. It all fizzled out about 3 miles northeast of us. Radar showes a few showers training through but nothing making it to the ground.

Was in the Taylor area yesterday where it rained and drizzled on an off all day. Head home and get to the county line and it all plays out and gets dry. Turning in to our lane I can tell it had rained enough that oilfield truck coming out left dirt on the highway. Sure couldn't tell otherwise but the rain gauge had 6/10ths in it. Rained 3/10ths more through the night.

Caustic Burno said:
Rafter S said:

Acorns are falling already.

Callmefence we picked up 5 7/8 inches over that spell. I have managed to save all the peach trees. Damn armadillos are digging them up because of the wet ground. I've been popping them every night when I wake up to pee. Lost some apple trees. Had some cactus die too but that's a good thing.

Been very dry here. Laura gave us about .01" of rain but we did finally get about 1/2" late yesterday in a strong windstorm that also knocked out the power for the 8 or 9th time in 9 months. Went out again this morning for the same cause. Damn trees!!
Sycamores have shed their leaves already and acorns noisily falling off the white oaks onto the top of the dog pen.

Latest posts