Relief

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC

Reaction score
Anybody ever have a salivary gland stone? Been dealing with one since last Wed. Not the most uncomforatable physical ailment I've ever had but not the most pleasant thing in the world either. Here's what it is in a nutshell:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 001039.htm

Could only eat for a few seconds before it got unbearable, and when anything interferes with my love for eating, I get a little growly. ;-) Was all set to see an oral surgeon on Mon but, lo and behold, the dam thing finally worked itself through the duct and popped out into my mouth early this morning. About the size of a grain of rice. The right side of my face is still a little sore but, man, it sure feels good compared to before. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some catching up to do on my calorie intake.

Same thing happened to me 20 or 25 years ago. Very uncomfortable and when it finally worked itself out, it did as you say, resemble a grain of rice, except rock hard. Never had one since, thank goodness.

Yikes! Like slick, I've never heard of that before now. Ouch. I'm glad the ordeal is over for you. Ihope it never happens again.

Katherine

I can tolerate quite a bit of pain but there's some serious pucker factor going on when I think about things like rice coming out of small orifaces... Sorry you had to deal with it,but... so much better you than me :yuck: .
There's alot of really horible stuff that happens in life where I can look a person in the eye and tell them that if I had the power to trade places with them I'd do it so that they wouldn't have to suffer... I don't think this one qualifies. I'm happy to let you deal with it and hope I never have to. :nod:

Latest posts