Ozark Farm Fest

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
The Ozark Farm Fest is this weekend. If any of you are planning on attending, please stop by and introduce yourselves to us! We are in the big beef barn with the four fall bulls on display. We plan on having chili or potato soup cooking in the crock pot on Saturday and Sunday, since it will be cold those days. Come enjoy a bowl of soup with us!

Thanks all!!!

Well our first day went quite well! We sold the red twin bulls today, so we only have one bull left. He is the bull I want to collect before he leaves, the one that won state fair this year.
Here is a picture I took when we had a moment to eat lunch. We were on our feet talking all day today! I have yet to meet a fellow board member from here, I hope Dun and others come by and introduce themselves to us!
farm_fest1.jpg

Come by and see us!

Fire Sweep Ranch":3audo4k4 said:
Well our first day went quite well! We sold the red twin bulls today, so we only have one bull left. He is the bull I want to collect before he leaves, the one that won state fair this year.
Here is a picture I took when we had a moment to eat lunch. We were on our feet talking all day today! I have yet to meet a fellow board member from here, I hope Dun and others come by and introduce themselves to us!
Come by and see us!
You must have a short memory since we talked for a while this morning

Really???? Who were you Dun? What is your real name?????
Now I am really confused :nod: :???:

I must have talked to at least 50 people today, so my head is spinning!!!

dun":qg2rvhy3 said:
Fire Sweep Ranch":qg2rvhy3 said:
Come by and see us!
You must have a short memory since we talked for a while this morning

How do you fool a rabbit ? Maybe you should change that avatar to "sniper..." :).
Have you been using your A any lately?

Hey Dun, our neighbor (here at Farm Fest) is a lurker on here, and he introduced himself to me. We even talked about you ;)

Fire Sweep Ranch":2zk5czbu said:
Hey Dun, our neighbor (here at Farm Fest) is a lurker on here, and he introduced himself to me. We even talked about you ;)
That couldn't have been good

I especially enjoyed hanging out in the john Deere tent closest tent when it started pouring, every once in a while they poked the top and a huge pile of water came down-my feet got soaked, luckily i was wearing a hooded sweatshirt or I would have really been wet, did the annual walk thru of the barns, saw a few people I knew from years before-sun came out walked around some more and left-

GMN":2k8ue09v said:
I especially enjoyed hanging out in the john Deere tent closest tent when it started pouring, every once in a while they poked the top and a huge pile of water came down-my feet got soaked, luckily i was wearing a hooded sweatshirt or I would have really been wet, did the annual walk thru of the barns, saw a few people I knew from years before-sun came out walked around some more and left-

So you went Saturday? Very wet day. Did you go through the cattle barn? There were so many people that came by to chat, you may be like Dun and I did not make the connection. Did you stop by?

We had a great time, sold all of our bulls, plus a Feb bull we were not planning to sell!!! I am all out of bulls, except the one we are keeping to use for clean up for the first time ever...

I was very busy over the weekend but did stop by Farmfest for a couple of hours to visit with Kris and family and get a fantastic steak sandwich at the beef house. Just wanted to thank Kris and her family for the great hospitality and also for the beautiful black Simmental bull I purchased from them. He is out in the green grass romping with the cows and enjoying himself. I also appreciate the patience they showed with me due to my other obligations. I had planned on stopping by for 10 minutes and due to the heavy rain and the lack of enough common sense to have an umbrella, I ended up in the cow barn for a couple of hours visiting with the Fire Sweep family and the family across from them who raise a lot of white parks heifers that I purchase. It was a very enjoyable time, but much too brief. Thanks again. Best wishes in all endeavors until the next Farmfest.

Fire Sweep Ranch":igkgp98u said:
GMN":igkgp98u said:

So you went Saturday? Very wet day. Did you go through the cattle barn? There were so many people that came by to chat, you may be like Dun and I did not make the connection. Did you stop by?

We had a great time, sold all of our bulls, plus a Feb bull we were not planning to sell!!! I am all out of bulls, except the one we are keeping to use for clean up for the first time ever...

Yes I went thru the barns-but it was rapidly, the kids were in a hurry-I usually get to wander by myself they do the equipment thing, which i could care less about and I view the barns-but this year it was raining so I did not get to go as slow thru as i wanted-I saw the white parks tho-I liked the highland cattle so cute-and I do like big impressive bulls, i seek them out each year-

stocky":3khk7638 said:
I was very busy over the weekend but did stop by Farmfest for a couple of hours to visit with Kris and family and get a fantastic steak sandwich at the beef house. Just wanted to thank Kris and her family for the great hospitality and also for the beautiful black Simmental bull I purchased from them. He is out in the green grass romping with the cows and enjoying himself. I also appreciate the patience they showed with me due to my other obligations. I had planned on stopping by for 10 minutes and due to the heavy rain and the lack of enough common sense to have an umbrella, I ended up in the cow barn for a couple of hours visiting with the Fire Sweep family and the family across from them who raise a lot of white parks heifers that I purchase. It was a very enjoyable time, but much too brief. Thanks again. Best wishes in all endeavors until the next Farmfest.

You would look funny with an umbrella ;-)

Latest posts