Overwhelmed these days...

Help Support CattleToday:

i feel the same, but being paralized with a hubby who really has no time for me or is never here. my daughter has stayed with me the whole 8 years yes i feel extremly blessed but guity. i know that God takes care of us even as he does the sparrows. you have no idea how many times a day you mindlessly scratch, we do. i am thankful not to be blind, dying of cancer,ect..yes times are hard, we are human, we grip,worry. i always know when i get as low as i can theres nothing left to do but look up. i feel better just to come here, you are some amazing people. got this in an eml today. http://home.comcast.net/~singingman777/Farmer.htm

starbaby":eosr2kl6 said:
i feel the same, but being paralized with a hubby who really has no time for me or is never here. my daughter has stayed with me the whole 8 years yes i feel extremly blessed but guity. i know that God takes care of us even as he does the sparrows. you have no idea how many times a day you mindlessly scratch, we do. i am thankful not to be blind, dying of cancer,ect..yes times are hard, we are human, we grip,worry. i always know when i get as low as i can theres nothing left to do but look up. i feel better just to come here, you are some amazing people. got this in an eml today. http://home.comcast.net/~singingman777/Farmer.htm

Stardust,I think you are an inspiration to all of us. I have read all your posts and you have a very positive attiutude. I can't speak for anyone else hear but in my book you are a great person and I admire you.You just keep on being the person you are.

Cal

Thanks to EVERYONE! There are really great people on this board!

Michele

mitch2":1h2vqqiu said:
Do you ever get to the point and look at your list of things that need to get done, no money to get done, should do even if it kills you, like to get done when time permits, etc etc etc. And do not know which way to turn? Or not sure if you have things on the right list or not?

I'm there. I think for the first time in my life I'm a bit depressed. And this depression is not helping me one single bit.

I feel like money is bleeding out of us at all angles, and in more ways than one, it will be a tough financial year. Secondly, time seems to be at a premium, and no matter what we do get done, wish it has been more.

With such a poor real estate market, we have decided to rent out the house we have had for sale. Even though we will not get enough to cover all of its costs, it will help immensely if we can get it rented. I really wanted to sell it. One drop in the bucket of the "get done", not going to get done.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a pity post... really not what I was after... just wondering how others cope? Maybe it is just my nature to worry more than others? Not sure....

Michele

Don't worry you are not alone. I would say these 2 things are our biggest problems, Money to do things on hte farm, and the time to get them done. It does seem endless sometimes, but I think if you think of it this way that at least you have these things to get done, and a good place to live, it can pick up your spirits a bit.

Gail

Keep a llist of what you did today-somedays,for me,it's took out the trash,made the bed,swept the floor..But it's something positive.. Always something good,but sometimes you have to look really hard for it.. Me,I'm just glad I'm liveing in the U.S.A. and in the time of now.

starbaby":jho43tf8 said:

Reminds me of a gospel song I use to listen to that said "sometimes we have to be knocked down to make us look up". Don't ever be ashamed to get on your knees.

mitch2":2m02grsf said:
Do you ever get to the point and look at your list of things that need to get done, no money to get done, should do even if it kills you, like to get done when time permits, etc etc etc. And do not know which way to turn? Or not sure if you have things on the right list or not?

Michele

Absolutely! I learned a long time ago to do what was in front of me, and let God take care of the rest. I've also learned to roll with the punches - as opposed to trying to fight them - and I fully acknowledge that Murphy's Law is generally in full effect around here. I also accept the fact that I am one person, and there is a limit to what I can accomplish in any given day. I make a mental list of things tha need o be done, prioritize according to the season, what else is going on, and my personal limitations. I then set out to accomplish that list, all the time understanding and accepting that I generally won't get half of it done due to other, more important things coming up. I have no illusions that the things I didn't get done will be done by the elfs/gnomes/whatever, and I try again the next day. Somehow, it all seems to work out for the better. Michele, the best advice I can give you is this - let go and let God. It will be ok. :)

msscamp":3ntzxnq5 said:
mitch2":3ntzxnq5 said:

Michele

Absolutely! I learned a long time ago to do what was in front of me, and let God take care of the rest. I've also learned to roll with the punches - as opposed to trying to fight them - and I fully acknowledge that Murphy's Law is generally in full effect around here. I also accept the fact that I am one person, and there is a limit to what I can accomplish in any given day. I make a mental list of things tha need o be done, prioritize according to the season, what else is going on, and my personal limitations. I then set out to accomplish that list, all the time understanding and accepting that I generally won't get half of it done due to other, more important things coming up. I have no illusions that the things I didn't get done will be done by the elfs/gnomes/whatever, and I try again the next day. Somehow, it all seems to work out for the better. Michele, the best advice I can give you is this - let go and let God. It will be ok. :)

Msscamp, Again your wisdom shows.

Where you are in ten years is where you put yourself. There are people who were born with silver spoons who squandered it. I have always done "extra" to try to get ahead and I had a long term plan. Things don't always go as planned. But when you make a step in the right direction, it helps the perspective. When you make strides, it helps the pride.

Sometime about 1983 I heard a speech that said, "If you keep on doing what you have always been doing, you're gonna keep on gettin what you have always been a gettin" Maybe that sunk in. Maybe I have been just plain lucky.

Asked my grandpa the same thing. "is this the hardest you ever had it?"

He was quick. "Nope, when the great depression hit, that didnt change my life at all."
When you are so poor the great crash didnt change your station. Well thats poor.

This isnt bad, it will take some time. But last time I looked no one had stole the chickens out of my front yard while I watched or slaughted my cow in the backyard while the kids cried.

Both happened to my grandpa and very well could have happened to yours.
I am not saying it isnt tough, just that we are along way from how bad it could get....

Latest posts