Overturned cattle trailer full of cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Happening right now in Bogata. Semi overturned with a full load of cattle. Husband is there trying to figure out how to get the cows out and then what to do with them.

Fire department came and got some of our corral panels, I assume to funnel the cattle out of the wrecked trailer to another. I sure hope someone locked up my broken leg calf before they left, those panels were keeping him in a temp pen away from a broken poll bull and a snake bit in the mouth cow....And my horse is in there, she'll spot a open or half latched gate in a second...Maybe I better go check

Lucky":s4ec51r8 said:
Did it happen in town at the S curve? Any idea who's truck it was?
Yes, when they upped the speed limit to 45, ugh.....Were you around in the big spaghetti spill there...lol...and the speed limit was 35 then. It was only a matter of time...
Just heard tidbits, but guys phone was crushed and he was .....incoherent, and no one knows where they were going, whose cows they were...nothing, no info on anything. They did say the cattle were maybe from louisiana... Husband did not want our corrals used, so i reminded him of the rodeo arena..but not sure where they took the cows..

I remember the spaghetti spill that was awhile back...lol. I was just wondering if it was a local hauler. I'm sure I'll hear all about it today.

Big big mess. Lots of dead cattle. Lots of injured cattle. The local cowboys were called in, one of their horses was gored.. Cattle taken to rodeo arena..

Uh oh. You said "Cowboys" gonna get flamed now. Did they have horses and ropes?? Lol

Lucky":26l9ejhj said:
Uh oh. You said "Cowboys" gonna get flamed now. Did they have horses and ropes?? Lol
Yeah they are the local guys you call if you can't get your cows in your corral. Or you have someone who can't keep their cows in their pasture and they are getting into your hay storage, they come catch and haul them off.

Newmans? Hope it got straightened out and the driver is ok. I've got friends that haul cattle, I wouldn't want to do it.

Doubt this will make the paper around here. Most folks 10 miles away don't even know it happened.

I never tried it but from what I hear it's really good. It definitely smells good when you go through there.

Lucky":am3tj9lq said:
Doubt this will make the paper around here. Most folks 10 miles away don't even know it happened.
DId you know the Bogata news sold and its been combined with Talco.. Whole new look to it and the paper is different.. It did make the paper but they incorrectly named the people who cut open the trailer. The fire department opened it. Fake news....lol
100 cows in trailer, 35 died...

cowgirl8":22wq8pcw said:
Lucky":22wq8pcw said:
DId you know the Bogata news sold and its been combined with Talco.. Whole new look to it and the paper is different.. It did make the paper but they incorrectly named the people who cut open the trailer. The fire department opened it. Fake news....lol
Fake news is a 100 cows fitting in a trailer. A hundred 500 lb calves would have the trailer over loaded.

True Grit Farms":2ljwymg9 said:
cowgirl8":2ljwymg9 said:
Lucky":2ljwymg9 said:
Fake news is a 100 cows fitting in a trailer. A hundred 500 lb calves would have the trailer over loaded.
THis was a semi and a double decker...Not sure how many fit in one, and it was a mix of cows and calves...Not pairs, just a mix....

cowgirl8":43a1ih9w said:
True Grit Farms":43a1ih9w said:
cowgirl8":43a1ih9w said:
THis was a semi and a double decker...Not sure how many fit in one, and it was a mix of cows and calves...Not pairs, just a mix....

Doesnt matter how many fit , Its done by weight.

cowgirl8":34nasj3o said:
True Grit Farms":34nasj3o said:
cowgirl8":34nasj3o said:
We use to load 42 mature holstein cows in a pot. Had to know what you were doing to get them loaded right but a good driver will do it.

Latest posts