Overgrazing defined

Help Support CattleToday:

Just thought you would like to see some of my starving cows during this drought.
Here they are roaming all over the place looking for something to eat after over grazing the pasture land.

100_0089.jpg

100_0087.jpg

And here is my completely useless pasture that I have so overly abused to produce these poor neglecter and skinny animals.
100_0088.jpg

SL

OK people all joking aside, well maybe just one more.
We just got about a ½ in of rain and more is on the way and in a few days my pastures will be as green as ever.
Sure glad I didn't sell my cows and go out of business as some of you suggested.

Seriously now folks, these are natural local grasses that seldom get above 2 in high in the best of times. they will recover now that we have had a little rain. What you are seeing is on the top of a ridge that always shows the effects of a drought first because of our soil. I still have some pasture left in the low lands and clear cut areas for them to feed on.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that about 200 acres of this property is under the control of Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) who I work closely with.
For a better understanding See: http://www.tennessee.gov/environment/tn ... /grass.htm

SL

Latest posts