Outside Hay.......

Help Support CattleToday:

VZCR

Reaction score
This was outside for less than 2 month, but we have had a lots of rain........
MVC-014S.JPG

But those hungry cows out west didn't mind........ :lol:

flaboy?":11jq9e5s said:
MikeC":11jq9e5s said:
Why you got it tied down?

He's afraid one will roll down on the Chebby and crush it like a beer can. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Just wondering. :lol:

I always set one on the neck and never tie them down.

But then again, I drive Ford's. :lol:

MikeC":xhuxmlef said:
Peace of Mind, mostly, and Troopers always give me the "Thumbs Up", and believe it or not, on these 400 mile hauls, the hay does shift of not tied down. Humps in the road and Winds tend to lend to load shifting........ :shock:

alabama":n55hjwkb said:
Well it looks to be in good shape.
It's pretty good, but I'm going to store the next batch in the barn. It will be choice hay, and 0% loss is worth shooting for.... :lol: :lol:

VZCR":1akbp92z said:
MikeC":1akbp92z said:
Peace of Mind, mostly, and Troopers always give me the "Thumbs Up", and believe it or not, on these 400 mile hauls, the hay does shift of not tied down. Humps in the road and Winds tend to lend to load shifting........ :shock:

If you are hauling 400 miles I completely understand.........

gertman":10fp2w7t said:
VZCR, is that a Duramax how does it handle the load I'm considering buying a Duramax with the Allison automatic.
Yep, I just replyed to your other post. Its the best truck I ever had. I went to 5 speed manuals when the transmissions got so weak and expensive to rebuild so often, but went to this Duramax and Allison combination for the reasons you stated, plus I couldn't locate a Durmax with a manual transmission at the time. This truck handles the work just fine. The intercooled turbo charged Duramax has plenty of power, mine's stock, it cruises on down the road 60-65 with the cruise control on, pulling that load. I've not had any trouble with it. It's a 2005 year model. :lol: I'm sure these Ford and Dodge guys will have some razz for me, but..........no chips needed here........ ;-) and it will blow all the black smoke you'd ever want to see..... :lol:

MikeC":20svg4hu said:

If you don't tie yours down I sure glad you live up there and I live down here in Texas. The primary reason for tieing them down is so they don't fall off the trailer. :shock:

I'm gonna try to get in the field this weekend and haul some out. Hope I don't get stuck.

Earl Thigpen":xjxo9w0i said:
MikeC":xjxo9w0i said:

If you don't tie yours down I sure glad you live up there and I live down here in Texas. The primary reason for tieing them down is so they don't fall off the trailer. :shock:

I'm gonna try to get in the field this weekend and haul some out. Hope I don't get stuck.

They won't fall off if loaded properly. If so, the driver is at fault.

I have never seen a bale just "Fall" off a trailer that I loaded.

To all you TX guys if you have more hay then you know what to do with we would gladly take it here in SC.

As far as tieing it down, if i'm on a paved road for more than 5 miles it gets tied down. I don't care who loads it

Diehard40":1nancepm said:
To all you TX guys if you have more hay then you know what to do with we would gladly take it here in SC.

As far as tieing it down, if i'm on a paved road for more than 5 miles it gets tied down. I don't care who loads it
Come on over here, and don't forget your trailer, I'll load it up for you..... :lol: I'm scared of some idiot running into me and causing extreme forces of ineritia, gravity, etc. which in turn might cause part of my load departing from my vehicle, then the investigating officer assigning cause to me for not having *any* tie downs on my load.......... :oops: :oops: :(

MoGal":3w3lv2vh said:
Isn't it a state law that you have to have your load secure (with tiedowns)?

It is up here in MO.

It is in Wyoming,too, but I think it varies from state to state.

Angus/Brangus":rkc4ac3n said:
Where's that sense of adventure?? :lol2:

When I've hauled without the load stapped downnn the sense of adventure is usually laying along he side of the road. I've been lucky since I've never had the sense of adventure land on a vehicle when it went to lay alongside the road

msscamp":2wpxgjli said:
MoGal":2wpxgjli said:
Isn't it a state law that you have to have your load secure (with tiedowns)?

It is up here in MO.

It is in Wyoming,too, but I think it varies from state to state.
In Texas thay can and often do ticket for an unsecured load. They can issue a ticket for each item seperately.

Latest posts