Order Buyers for Feeder Cows in TX?

Help Support CattleToday:

Chip81

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could point me into the direction of a order buyer in central/south/east Texas. My boyfriend who is from Lake Charles, LA is looking into relocating to Texas come the near future, and needs to start networking with some Texas cattle operators. He has been in the feeder cow business now for about 5 yrs and has been shipping the cattle to Mississippi. I currently live in Houston, but we are looking to purchase land in central Texas where he can continue his cattle operation.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks! :cboy:

the best way to find order buyers is call the sale barns in the area.an see who they say is a good order buyer.the sale barn should be able to help yall.

Did you mean feeder calves instead of feeder cows? If you are looking for calves you might want to contact one of these: Scarmado Cattle Co at Caldwell, Thigpen Cattle Co at Chilton, Roger Collins at Chilton, Hodde Cattle Co at Brenham, Matt Anderson at Crockett, JCO Cattle at Montalba, 4F Cattle at Larue, Russ deCordova at Groesbeck or Capitol Land & Livestock at Schwetner.

Yes, Feeder calves was what I meant. Sorry still learning the lingo...
Thanks a bunch though for list of company names. We will research and hopefully find a bite!

Also, do you know how difficult it is to get your hands on some lease pasture in central Texas? Or is it one of those things, someone has to die for land to become available?

Chip81":1hyyxipj said:
Yes, Feeder calves was what I meant. Sorry still learning the lingo...
Thanks a bunch though for list of company names. We will research and hopefully find a bite!

Also, do you know how difficult it is to get your hands on some lease pasture in central Texas? Or is it one of those things, someone has to die for land to become available?

Please define " Central Texas" for me. Thanks in advance.

I suppose from Houston, Waco, & San Antonio. Within that triangle of Texas, if it's a little bit outside of it, that's fine. Basically between HWY 45, HWY 35, I-10.
Thanks Again!

your going to have fun finding lease land in any part of texas.thats about like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Chip81":36q8c7r7 said:
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could point me into the direction of a order buyer in central/south/east Texas. My boyfriend who is from Lake Charles, LA is looking into relocating to Texas come the near future, and needs to start networking with some Texas cattle operators. He has been in the feeder cow business now for about 5 yrs and has been shipping the cattle to Mississippi. I currently live in Houston, but we are looking to purchase land in central Texas where he can continue his cattle operation.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks! :cboy:
Go to almost any salebarn, get there about 11 am and they'll all be in the cafe eating lunch. Won't be hard to pick'em out either.

Latest posts