Opinions on steer

Help Support CattleToday:

CSM

Reaction score
Not a show steer, just going to the freezer.
Charolais_Steer.JPG

CSM

Looks tasty. I wish my gelbvieh x jersey cross steer that I have destined for the freezer looked that good.......I hear Jersey's marble good so maybe I will at least get a few good steaks.

HOSS":h6vuea5l said:
Looks tasty. I wish my gelbvieh x jersey cross steer that I have destined for the freezer looked that good.......I hear Jersey's marble good so maybe I will at least get a few good steaks.

Jerseys are really tasty if you finish them right! :nod: :nod:

When I posted the picture it was very small, then I finally figured it out and edited the picture.
He is Charolais, nothing else mixed in. He was a bit of a late bloomer, but is now starting to look a little better. I mainly posted the picture to figure the process out. Thanks to those that replied.

CSM

Nice looking steer, how old is he and what do you guess his weight is? He's a little light in the front shoulders to me, but that won't affect how he tastes

He is 1050 - 1100 lbs and 15 months. I had to winter him with some replacement heifers and was feeding very little grain to those girls. He is now up to 12 lbs of a mixed feed and haylage.
CSM

Latest posts