Opinions on Connealy Right Answer 746?

Help Support CattleToday:

ALCattle

Reaction score
I'm planning on breeding my Angus Heifer and cow to him by AI. What are your thoughts on this bull?

Look at the posts under Artificial Insemination....Best Genex Sires.
Everything I have seen about Right Answer has been positive.
I never liked the photo Genex has of him twisting or turning, but I guess they are trying to show he is long.
The only downside would be if you are breeding for carcass traits.

I don't have any first hand knowledge of Right Answer, but have 2 daughters and a few granddaughters of his sire Final Answer, and also he was the maternal grandsire of 2 of our herd bulls. From what I see they are easy calving, and grow pretty well. Disposition has been an issue with some calves of one FA daughter, even though she herself is very docile, and the one heifer calf that I kept has calmed significantly.
I would have very likely used Conealy Right Answer, but due to having a good local ABS rep, I tend to use their bulls when AI'ing.

I've had good luck with Connealy Right Answer 746. Great bull to use on heifers. Has great birth weight/calving ease EPDs, his calves grow well and seem to be docile, and his maternal traits are strong. He doesn't have the best carcass EPDs, but they are OK.