One more thing to vent about!

Help Support CattleToday:

County wide we had a 21% turn out. Of the 1200 registered voters that could have voted for the incorporation of a fire district there were only 331 votes.

dun

Dave":2gkd9bvp said:
Hey, we don't remove the dead from the list here. In our last govenor race, which was so close that it was recounted three times, it was eye openning to find out how many of those dead people voted.
Now that is really exercising your right to vote when you vote after you are dead.

Wow, I have heard of absenty voting, but thats ridiculous!

That was the old Chicago slogan, vit early vote often. The best turn outs were from the cemeterys

dun

dun":4491pldg said:
That was the old Chicago slogan, vit early vote often. The best turn outs were from the cemeterys

dun

Must have been. Seems almost 80 dead folks voted huh?

aplusmnt":1fysmep5 said:
I think less and less people are voting because they just do not feel it makes a difference one way or the other. They group all Politicians in a group as one. Kind of like you are voting for the Devil or Satan.

Not that I agree with that thinking but I can understand how some could feel that way.

I think the anti-christian, anti-American, no morals media that runs this country has a lot to do with it.

A liberal democrat was defeated the other day because of his views on security of the nation.

When we are no longer willing to die to make men free the Republic will no longer exsist.

We are at war like we have never seen and on more fronts than we have ever fought.

It is your duty to vote and to defend these truths we hold self evident.

Caustic Burno":32gplec9 said:
aplusmnt":32gplec9 said:
I think less and less people are voting because they just do not feel it makes a difference one way or the other. They group all Politicians in a group as one. Kind of like you are voting for the Devil or Satan.

Not that I agree with that thinking but I can understand how some could feel that way.

I think the anti-christian, anti-American, no morals media that runs this country has a lot to do with it.

A liberal democrat was defeated the other day because of his views on security of the nation.

When we are no longer willing to die to make men free the Republic will no longer exsist.

We are at war like we have never seen and on more fronts than we have ever fought.

It is your duty to vote and to defend these truths we hold self evident.

I don't know that I've ever agreed with you more than I do right now.

Caustic Burno":6tk8bpkw said:

I assume you're talking about Joe Lieberman. IMHO he is a good, honest man who cares deeply about this country but thinks a little differently than I do on many social issues. I know a lot of people around here that became disillusioned with W after voting for him in 2000. Most of them say they would have at least considered going with JL in 2004. Instead they gave us Kerry. And they call Republicans stupid!! Now JL can't even win a primary in his own state. Sad what the Democratic party has become. That's why I switched.

VanC":1yl6ro7s said:
Caustic Burno":1yl6ro7s said:

I assume you're talking about Joe Lieberman. IMHO he is a good, honest man who cares deeply about this country but thinks a little differently than I do on many social issues. I know a lot of people around here that became disillusioned with W after voting for him in 2000. Most of them say they would have at least considered going with JL in 2004. Instead they gave us Kerry. And they call Republicans stupid!! Now JL can't even win a primary in his own state. Sad what the Democratic party has become. That's why I switched.

I am about as conservative as they come and do not agree with Joe Lieberman on some of his social issues. I actually do not think Bush is conservative enough for me.

But if a Republican can not win for president next election JL would be my choice. He is strong on were it counts and acceptable on what is not as urgent in my opinion. No president will ever please us on all issues. JL has a chance to be one of the best Dem presidents in a long time if given the chance.

Maybe McCain and Lieberman should run together on same ticket. That would be an interesting pair. Neither is 100% what their parties push for.

I like Alan Keyes for pres. He doesn;t stand a chance and he's nuts, but at least he isn;t full of "doublespeak"

dun

Latest posts