One million new jobs

Help Support CattleToday:

D2Cat":eb8g23es said:
Cross-7, I take it you have Wal-Mart stock in your IRA since you realize they are a "tight fisted company" for not paying enough.

"My view on it is they are the worlds largest reatailer
They sell more groceries than all the others combined
They make huge profits each year and the family is beyond wealthy"

If they have all these qualities, and they're not paying anything out to employees, it leaves a bigger portion to stock holders!

The snow ball is too big, and it's rolling downhill pretty fast. Wouldn't do too much good to get in front of it now, you can't stop it.

Sam Walton use to come up to Kansas City and do some shopping for his wife. Drove a truck a few years old, and dressed as common as could be. He was a man with an idea. Started in a 5 & 10 cent store. Over time it grew so big people came to dislike the idea.

Remember the guy Richard Sears? He started out selling watches for the RR so they could keep time and not collide trains. Wasn't too many years later you could buy a two story house from Sears.

People who don't fit the mold of normal, who are ambitious and find a niche often become wealthy!

Don't be so resentful.

Actually, not true. Stores like Dollar General, Family Dollar, etc are competing and in some communities really clobbering the goliath. Not to mention Wal-marts greatest fear: on-line shopping. It's the future. One thing is for sure, no one stays on top forever; just ask Sears.

D2Cat":d86myrug said:
Cross-7, I take it you have Wal-Mart stock in your IRA since you realize they are a "tight fisted company" for not paying enough.

"My view on it is they are the worlds largest reatailer
They sell more groceries than all the others combined
They make huge profits each year and the family is beyond wealthy"

If they have all these qualities, and they're not paying anything out to employees, it leaves a bigger portion to stock holders!

The snow ball is too big, and it's rolling downhill pretty fast. Wouldn't do too much good to get in front of it now, you can't stop it.

Sam Walton use to come up to Kansas City and do some shopping for his wife. Drove a truck a few years old, and dressed as common as could be. He was a man with an idea. Started in a 5 & 10 cent store. Over time it grew so big people came to dislike the idea.

Remember the guy Richard Sears? He started out selling watches for the RR so they could keep time and not collide trains. Wasn't too many years later you could buy a two story house from Sears.

People who don't fit the mold of normal, who are ambitious and find a niche often become wealthy!

Don't be so resentful.

I'm not resentful and to honestly there are 3 within 30-45 miles of me.
I buy most of my groceries there, among several other things. It's a one stop shop.
I hate to shop and they have most of what I need and I get in and out without stopping at several places.,
i just see people working there that look destitute

The pay what people are willing to accept. Here's an example. The is a walmart in Pecos TX that is always under staffed. The shelves are always empty because there aren't enough people to put the stuff out. I asked once why they are so short. It's because they pay $9.50 an hour and the sonic in town pays $15.00. If the pay was not acceptable then people wouldn't work there just like they don't in Pecos.

Off the subject but I evertytime I thing of sonic it comes to mind.

When my oldest boy was playing baseball there was a kid that had an incredible arm.
Mid 90's fastball and big league breaking ball.
He was drafted out of HS in the 4th round I think.
I kept expecting him to be called but he never was.
A couple years later they said he was back home and working at sonic.
Hooked on dope and couldn't or wouldn't get clean.
A million dollar arm and serving burgers at sonic.
Makes you wonder about those people.
I know another lady that works at McDonald's and is former drug addict. She seems to he on the right track is going to college and trying

Maybe it's self inflicted

I know about walmart from the other side.. You don't get paid when they take delivery of your good (or net 30).. you get paid when it sells... spoilage, etc is on you.

We've come to enjoy convenience to an extreme.. one stop shopping has destroyed specialty shops, because big box stores have taken all the profitable products and driven their price to the ground, and drop anything that doesn't turn over fast enough... I'll take Home Depot as an example.. Yeah they have all the common stuff.. but they don't have 3/4" fir plywood!!!.. They have extension cords and cordless tools coming out the yingyang, but you can't find a lens head wood screw,.. something your local hardware store used to have a couple packets of on the shelf that perhaps they only sold a couple of a year.. but since they can't compete on cordless tools and extension cords, they've closed their doors.

M-5":g5mypclp said:
BS- they pay what the employee is worth, margins on dry groceries are less that 5% actually closer to 3% , and Walmart historically loses money on grocery but the other Walmart items are over 50% profit. Again people get paid what they are worth unless you want to live in a world where corporations are told to pay premium pay for subpar performance.

I see some behind the scenes stuff at Walmart. Saw a chart on the wall in the back once that listed a few items and their profit margin. Some generic ibuprofen as like 250% profit. Also saw another chart that listed their shrinkage as they call it, which is items stolen or not accounted for when received, for instance they get charged for a 100 and only got 98 and the person receiving it missed it. I was amazed at what some of these stores lose, I go into the back rooms of a lot of these stores in my area and once I saw it once I just paid attention to it more. Would anyone have a guess as to what department in Walmart has the largest amount of shrinkage?

I am not sure what we need are 1 million more under paid workers. That will be 1 million more people who need government assistance to get by. It seems like that is just going further in the wrong direction.

D2Cat":ssv2pzlp said:
tom4018, I'd guess food. They never put it back once it's been to the checkout counter. Laws required it destroyed, can't even give it to the needy?
Cosmetics is the biggest loss.

TCRanch":16blnuyu said:
tom4018":16blnuyu said:
D2Cat":16blnuyu said:
tom4018, I'd guess food. They never put it back once it's been to the checkout counter. Laws required it destroyed, can't even give it to the needy?
Cosmetics is the biggest loss.

Yikes! Have you seeeeen the People of Walmart website/pics? :hide:

Are you saying they need it? :)

tom4018":3gcnpc4q said:
M-5":3gcnpc4q said:
BS- they pay what the employee is worth, margins on dry groceries are less that 5% actually closer to 3% , and Walmart historically loses money on grocery but the other Walmart items are over 50% profit. Again people get paid what they are worth unless you want to live in a world where corporations are told to pay premium pay for subpar performance.

I see some behind the scenes stuff at Walmart. Saw a chart on the wall in the back once that listed a few items and their profit margin. Some generic ibuprofen as like 250% profit. Also saw another chart that listed their shrinkage as they call it, which is items stolen or not accounted for when received, for instance they get charged for a 100 and only got 98 and the person receiving it missed it. I was amazed at what some of these stores lose, I go into the back rooms of a lot of these stores in my area and once I saw it once I just paid attention to it more. Would anyone have a guess as to what department in Walmart has the largest amount of shrinkage?

I'm guessing cd's and video/ blu ray

Latest posts