One million new jobs

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
:cowboy: Have you seen the Walmart commercial about them moving some manufacturing back to USA? They say it will create million jobs. I keep thinking really....? What do you think about that claim?

Kingfisher":3u68gtv9 said:
:cowboy: Have you seen the Walmart commercial about them moving some manufacturing back to USA? They say it will create million jobs. I keep thinking really....? What do you think about that claim?
They should as retail only takes from the community while manufacturing pays the community.
I avoid Wally World at all cost when a corporation makes as much as a major oil company and refuses to pay a livable wage or benefits they are not getting my dollar.

Their unreasonable expectations of manufacturers here in the USA, led to all of them going over seas.

Bigfoot":3dib6ttm said:
Their unreasonable expectations of manufacturers here in the USA, led to all of them going over seas.
Wasn't that a long time ago? I use to think Wally World was the evil empire like AT&T. Now I'm not sure. I can't wrap my pea brain around 1 million jobs though..

Kingfisher":1yskumaj said:

30 hrs or less a week, no insurance, retirement or benefits is a Walmart job.
Most have another job or are on government assistance to survive all while Walmart makes millions
You'd be hard pressed short of food to find anything American made in a Walmart

I'm a huge fan of Walmart.

I've done two mortgage loans in the past two years for a young man in his early thirty's who started with the company at the lowest level and worked his way up to become a manager of a super Walmart in a mid sized town in western Kentucky. He has nothing more than a high school diploma and great work ethic and he makes an extremely good living.

I told him he was the embodiment of the American Dream.

I have an aunt that started with Walmart 30 years ago and makes really good living but only a few per store paid very well

Walmart jobs are poverty-level jobs.
Walmart's average sale Associate makes $8.81 per hour, according to IBISWorld, an independent market research group. This translates to annual pay of $15,576, based upon Walmart's full-time status of 34 hours per week1.

Edit
The company I work is tiny in comparison to Walmart
A new hire to fill orders in the warehouse starts at 10.00 an hr with 10 or more hrs a week of overtime at 15.00
401k and insurance after 90 days
If we can do so can Walmart

Walmart hires people with disabilities that otherwise probably have a hard gaining employment and that's great, but someone working a full time job for the worlds largest retailer should paid well enough to make living without government assistance.
Not everyone is management material ( I've been told ...lol)

I have no choice but to shop at Walmart unless I want to drive 2 hours but I don't hate it, mainly because they are very involved in the community. Their employees always participate in charity functions and they're very generous with donations when asked and when they distribute grants. And they do employ people with disabilities &/or personal challenges but my favorite is Mr Wade, all of 103 years old. His wife was a greeter until this past summer.

http://people.com/celebrity/oldest-amer ... -birthday/

I don't like going to Wal-Mart, but I don't think they are doing anything wrong. They hire and pay what they want, people are free to shop and work where they want. It's called free market.
The problem lies in our trade agreements not Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart provides part-time jobs to millions who need part time jobs. If they want more their more than welcome to strive for more.
The jobs left with manufacturing due to our trade agreements. Not because of Wal-Mart.
Many companies including myself can't offer much overtime because the average American does not produce enough work to make it profitable. Yet they want guarantees.
And the best one .the person who bytchs about a company like Wal-Mart, while a undocumented immigrate builds his house, cuts his grass etc. :bang:
Just keep on expecting more for doing less.
Good luck with that America.

The old problem, and the new solution are right in front of us right now.

The government could do away with 15k jobs "epa" and create millions of new jobs. Less government regulations equals more jobs, that's a no brainer right there. IMO

I wonder if the folks who don't think Wal-Mart pays their employees enough want all the fast food employees to get the $15 hr. pay their marching for?

The market seeks it's own level. If Wal-Mart is so far out of line why isn't their somebody jumping in that market to pay higher wages, and get all the business from the disgruntled?

D2Cat":2je0ce2b said:
I wonder if the folks who don't think Wal-Mart pays their employees enough want all the fast food employees to get the $15 hr. pay their marching for?

The market seeks it's own level. If Wal-Mart is so far out of line why isn't their somebody jumping in that market to pay higher wages, and get all the business from the disgruntled?

My view on it is they are the worlds largest reatailer
They sell more groceries than all the others combined
They make huge profits each year and the family is beyond wealthy

I feel like it's just common decency to pay a wage to your employees so they can make a living
No requirements, laws or such
Just as a decent human beings is all

Walmart or any other grocery store pays the wages standard for that area, the people employed there for most part have a high school education and more opportunitys to be promoted than you can imagine. The ones that put forth the effort get rewarded the ones bitchhen about the pay want something for nothing. I spent 20 yrs in retail and alot of employees can't pour Pizz out of a boot with the directions on the heel. The cashier and stock jobs are designed to be entry level jobs for kids just getting out of school and very similar to what fast food work should be but we a generation of people that want to make a career on the entry level jobs and then complain they don't make any money. If they made more money they would get their benefits (welfare)cut off. I can't understand why people think a company should not make a profit. I guess the ones complaining are gonna try and give Monica's boyfriend's wife a new job.

Cross-7":1cdfqckf said:
D2Cat":1cdfqckf said:

I feel like it's just common decency to pay a wage to your employees so they can make a living
BS- they pay what the employee is worth, margins on dry groceries are less that 5% actually closer to 3% , and Walmart historically loses money on grocery but the other Walmart items are over 50% profit. Again people get paid what they are worth unless you want to live in a world where corporations are told to pay premium pay for subpar performance.

Wal Mart put me through college. I started working there part time when I was a junior in high school and worked there almost 6 years. Wal Mart is not a bad place to work. They offer a lot of opportunity for advancement. I trained the current manager of our small town store when he was hired as a stockman about 12 years ago. I also never had a problem getting 40 hours a week when school was out. Rarely was overtime allowed.

M-5":3fo6o91m said:
Cross-7":3fo6o91m said:
D2Cat":3fo6o91m said:

BS- they pay what the employee is worth, margins on dry groceries are less that 5% actually closer to 3% , and Walmart historically loses money on grocery but the other Walmart items are over 50% profit. Again people get paid what they are worth unless you want to live in a world where corporations are told to pay premium pay for subpar performance.

From the outside looking in and no first hand experience.
I see the Walton family worth billions and their employees drawing food stamps.
Doesn't seem right to me.
Could be as you say
Could be lazy, no ambition, doesn't want to work and better their lifestyle and prefers welfare.

I don't know but I do know if you have good employees that work hard, do a good job and are ambitious. You better pay them well or someone else will and you'll be left with afore mention and business will suffer, more so than what it cost to keep good help.

Again as I mentioned before not all are management material and I have zero experience in that capacity ...

Cross-7, I take it you have Wal-Mart stock in your IRA since you realize they are a "tight fisted company" for not paying enough.

"My view on it is they are the worlds largest reatailer
They make huge profits each year and the family is beyond wealthy"

If they have all these qualities, and they're not paying anything out to employees, it leaves a bigger portion to stock holders!

The snow ball is too big, and it's rolling downhill pretty fast. Wouldn't do too much good to get in front of it now, you can't stop it.

Sam Walton use to come up to Kansas City and do some shopping for his wife. Drove a truck a few years old, and dressed as common as could be. He was a man with an idea. Started in a 5 & 10 cent store. Over time it grew so big people came to dislike the idea.

Remember the guy Richard Sears? He started out selling watches for the RR so they could keep time and not collide trains. Wasn't too many years later you could buy a two story house from Sears.

People who don't fit the mold of normal, who are ambitious and find a niche often become wealthy!

Don't be so resentful.

Latest posts