On the hunt for my babies

Help Support CattleToday:

I agree with 3 way. I don't think he was over the top harsh. But I also think you handled yourself well for being a new poster. :welcome:

3waycross":1zy7c2va said:
melking":1zy7c2va said:
3waycross":1zy7c2va said:
sorry to say but they probably mostly went to work at McDonalds in the ground beef division by now.

That is cold dude.

Really!........ya know what's COLD Mel. Blowing a big cloud of smoke up her keister and letting her think that there is ANY chance that some nice family adopted them 2 years ago and they are just checking on Cattle Today every chance they get in the hope that the lovely girl they NEVER heard of will be looking for the long lost cows of her childhood.....now for what's it's worth please reread my post. The first word out of my mouth was SORRY, and I am sorry because her chances of finding those cows are VERY remote if not nonexistent.

BTW If they were my cows and I was looking for them 2 years later and I knew where they changed hands the last time. THE SALE BARN would have been the first place I looked. NOT this website. Colorado has a brand board and if her cows went through the barn and they were branded THERE IS A RECORD OF IT. Even if they weren't branded they had a "Brand Inspection" and there was a record of the sale with the brand board. The description would have definitely read BELTED. Hence that would be the first place to look......

Now take that bleeding heart of yours and fly to northern Colorado and feel free to powder her butt and change her diaper if it will make you feel better.

Perhaps it is time for someone to take a chill pill. Wasn't personal.

melking":zp1nme7h said:
3waycross":zp1nme7h said:
melking":zp1nme7h said:
That is cold dude.

Really!........ya know what's COLD Mel. Blowing a big cloud of smoke up her keister and letting her think that there is ANY chance that some nice family adopted them 2 years ago and they are just checking on Cattle Today every chance they get in the hope that the lovely girl they NEVER heard of will be looking for the long lost cows of her childhood.....now for what's it's worth please reread my post. The first word out of my mouth was SORRY, and I am sorry because her chances of finding those cows are VERY remote if not nonexistent.

BTW If they were my cows and I was looking for them 2 years later and I knew where they changed hands the last time. THE SALE BARN would have been the first place I looked. NOT this website. Colorado has a brand board and if her cows went through the barn and they were branded THERE IS A RECORD OF IT. Even if they weren't branded they had a "Brand Inspection" and there was a record of the sale with the brand board. The description would have definitely read BELTED. Hence that would be the first place to look......

Now take that bleeding heart of yours and fly to northern Colorado and feel free to powder her butt and change her diaper if it will make you feel better.

Perhaps it is time for someone to take a chill pill. Wasn't personal.

When I read this I didn't think you or Ken were being critical. Vic's comment was blunt but honest. Good response, Mel.

Brie,

I wish you luck, and I can sympathize with you somewhat. While I don't get emotional about my cattle to any significant extent, I can remember my wife crying when I took a bottle-raised steer calf to the auction.

Brie, I am the father of four grown Daughter's, they would react just like you because like you, they have a kind heart. Good luck in your search.

Brie, are you the person that used to post video's of you riding your Galloway? I just remember it was a young lady and was very cold where ever they were at. I got a laugh out of those videos who ever it was.

I have some cattle I see everyday others I do not sold some a few weeks ago the one lil bull I doctored back to health and all went to where he could see my truck in the holding pen watched me walk to my truck followed me the whole way while the others were all bumping around he stood in the corner watching me. everyday I would walk into the pasture he would come up to me and wait for his piece of bread. I went got in the truck and started it looked back he was staring at me so I reached in the back grabbed a couple slices walked back gave him the slices scratched his head and walked back to the truck and he followed me looking at me the whole way till he couldn't anymore. I wondered where he went and how hes doing but as was said once you drop them off or sell them its almost like death there is no coming back for the most part. I have some cattle I wish I hadn't sold but have no way of tracking them down so I just move on and always keep them in the back of my mind and think long and hard before selling off a cow that may just need another chance. Cattle are not a primary source or secondary source of income for me I like fooling with them. I have some cattle that will never get sold no matter what.

skyhightree1":3ofh6cl0 said:
I have some cattle I see everyday others I do not sold some a few weeks ago the one lil bull I doctored back to health and all went to where he could see my truck in the holding pen watched me walk to my truck followed me the whole way while the others were all bumping around he stood in the corner watching me. everyday I would walk into the pasture he would come up to me and wait for his piece of bread. I went got in the truck and started it looked back he was staring at me so I reached in the back grabbed a couple slices walked back gave him the slices scratched his head and walked back to the truck and he followed me looking at me the whole way till he couldn't anymore. I wondered where he went and how hes doing but as was said once you drop them off or sell them its almost like death there is no coming back for the most part. I have some cattle I wish I hadn't sold but have no way of tracking them down so I just move on and always keep them in the back of my mind and think long and hard before selling off a cow that may just need another chance. Cattle are not a primary source or secondary source of income for me I like fooling with them. I have some cattle that will never get sold no matter what.

OMG sky can you do my poor eyes and brain a solid and sprinkle some punctuation around? Doesn't even have to be in the right places. :lol: That was hemingway-esque!

boondocks":1et2bbt7 said:
skyhightree1":1et2bbt7 said:

OMG sky can you do my poor eyes and brain a solid and sprinkle some punctuation around? Doesn't even have to be in the right places. :lol: That was hemingway-esque!

Merry Christmas... ....... ,,,,,,,,''''''''';:,,,,,,,?????????????? there's is your punctuation..... BTW I had periods in there so :tiphat:

skyhightree1":7j5upwcb said:
boondocks":7j5upwcb said:
skyhightree1":7j5upwcb said:

Merry Christmas... ....... ,,,,,,,,''''''''';:,,,,,,,?????????????? there's is your punctuation..... BTW I had periods in there so :tiphat:

Its the thought that counts. I understood it just fine.

Bright Raven":2py7pcd6 said:
skyhightree1":2py7pcd6 said:
boondocks":2py7pcd6 said:

I figured most would but some grammar Nazi's look for punctuation and all that. I just don't have time for using it much less trying to correct someones.

skyhightree1":zodsjthx said:
Bright Raven":zodsjthx said:
skyhightree1":zodsjthx said:

I figured most would but some grammar Nazi's look for punctuation and all that. I just don't have time for using it much less trying to correct someones.

Not a grammar nazi, have never corrected anyone's on here. But I did get brain freeze on that one. It was epic :lol:

Txpiney":1c580rvy said:
Brie, are you the person that used to post video's of you riding your Galloway? I just remember it was a young lady and was very cold where ever they were at. I got a laugh out of those videos who ever it was.

Hi Tx, No I am not the girl in the video but I did know her and did ride my cattle from time to time. I never got to saddle em but one of my favorite memories is jumping on our herd bull and waiting for him to buck (Stupid I know) and he just meandered around grazing as if I wasn't even there. His name was diesel and the gal that owned him before my family rode him with a saddle if I remember right. Almost all my cows were ridable, benefits of having a small hobby farm and having way too much time on my hands. ;P
-Brie

Update: the sale barn said no one had sold a beltie there for awhile and the name of the seller didn't show in their records (They just updated their system last year I think, records prior might be harder to get ahold of) and every ranch I called hadn't bought em. None of their tattoos are registered to anyone else either. I guess that's all I can do. Nothing left except to wait till I can get some again. If I'm lucky I still have some friends with some of my herd's lineage in them, I sold a few bulls to other people before I left and they should be purebred registered brothers to my best cows. Gotta graduate college first though. :p

BrieCheese":2xbm2iwn said:
Update: the sale barn said no one had sold a beltie there for awhile and the name of the seller didn't show in their records (They just updated their system last year I think, records prior might be harder to get ahold of) and every ranch I called hadn't bought em. None of their tattoos are registered to anyone else either. I guess that's all I can do. Nothing left except to wait till I can get some again. If I'm lucky I still have some friends with some of my herd's lineage in them, I sold a few bulls to other people before I left and they should be purebred registered brothers to my best cows. Gotta graduate college first though. :p

If the brand inspector in that area is a sharp as most I know, he might even know where they ended up. I'd track him down and ask him

Good luck with college and I hope that you stick around and maybe are able to track down some of the bloodline in the future. 3way cross has a good suggestion, those guys seem to have more radar about happenings than most.

Latest posts