On A Different Note

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Some great high school football today on Fox Southwest. State championship games today ,tomorrow and Saturday. Every division.

My county did this

http://progress-index.com/news/state-ch ... -1.1601750

DINWIDDIE - A day after the Dinwiddie Generals clinched the VHSL Class 4A championship trophy, it was time for the community to meet the newly minted state champions at the annual Dinwiddie Christmas Parade.

All that Dionca Coles and her family needed was the sound of the marching band's drums.

And then the cheers erupted.

"Here they come, here they come!" Coles said.

From the drums to the first glint of the truck carrying the team to the actual passing of the state champions, the groundswell of cheers grew.

"My cousin is the offensive coach. I'm excited to see the Generals," Coles said, pointing out her Generals jersey.

The sight of the marching band heralded a wave of cheers all the way to the government complex, about a half-mile away.

A group of players jumped down from the truck bed to hug or high-five friends and family. A loud roar broke out when several players clutched the trophy and pumped it for the crowd.

Natonya Williams, a teacher at Dinwiddie Middle School, was waiting for six of her former students to pass by on the Generals float.

"I have current and past students in the parade. I'm just so excited to see them," Williams said.

A wide smile broke out across Michael Trisvan's face as the football team passed. The 2007 graduate of Dinwiddie High School had seen the game the night before, and came to the parade specifically to see the Generals again.

The parade had originally been scheduled for Saturday, but the county Chamber of Commerce pushed it back as the Generals headed toward the state championship.

While she was excited to see the football team, Shanel Pope, 12, was also excited to see the Head Start float her mother was riding on.

Coles also had two cousins on the Head Start float, and many friends on others. The parade, she said, was another chance to see people she knew.

Over 40 various organizations rode on floats or in cars from the Dinwiddie High School area down Courthouse Road to the government complex.

"My favorite part is when everybody comes out together and sees the parade," Pope said.

The Generals gave Santa Claus, who rode on a fire engine not far behind the football team, some competition for cheers. But many stayed for St. Nick, who punctuated the parade.

TB, are they allowed to have a Preacher say a prayer before the game?? Here in middle GA. we still can,
for how long there's no telling.

highgrit":1lapk6pd said:
TB, are they allowed to have a Preacher say a prayer before the game?? Here in middle GA. we still can,
for how long there's no telling.
Hg. If the did they didn't show it. The games I saw the players from both teams kneeled in the middle of the field and prayed together after the game

TexasBred":wiydlcg7 said:
Sky. Who the heck comes up with those names for those chillin ???

If i had to guess i would say it's a group of folks sitting around with a Blunt and a 40. Trying to think up the hardest to pronounce dumbest sounding name they can imagine...........Dionca.......yougottabeshittinme! Natonya, even worse.

3waycross":267jwndo said:
TexasBred":267jwndo said:

If i had to guess i would say it's a group of folks sitting around with a Blunt and a 40. Trying to think up the hardest to pronounce dumbest sounding name they can imagine...........Dionca.......yougottabeshittinme! Natonya, even worse.

true story- a teacher from my area had a kid in her class named shi-thead

john250":2hs7vb0b said:
3waycross":2hs7vb0b said:
TexasBred":2hs7vb0b said:

.....yougottabeshittinme!

It is kinda unique. I was 20 before I realized I wasn't "Dammit Boy".
My cousin was the same way, my uncle had a friend that said " for years I thought cole's name was dammit "

skyhightree1":2wwnlsz1 said:
TexasBred":2wwnlsz1 said:

Who knows I just live here :lol:
I think those new moms must still be under the influence of the drugs when the doctor asks them what they want to name the baby. The big decision is determining the "last" name.

Mom did some volunteer work in a food pantry several years ago. She met a woman with a little boy and girl. The girls name was Poly Ester. The boy was named Nosmo King.

We had a little boy in our life that has since gone to live with his great-grandmother and his mom on the condition that mom get's drug tested constantly(like we need the test to tell :roll: ) whose name was Larry. Larry as in "Larry, Mo, Curly, F#$% it, take your pick." at the hospital. Larry was #3 for her and #'s 1 and 2 were not much better off.
I tried to tell the nurse that mommy(my cousin) had expressed to me that she wanted her tubes tied but they wouldn't do it because mommy was to intoxicated to give consent and hadn't set it up in advance.

Could be worse. Remember the old Newhart Show?

"Hi, I'm Larry; this is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl."

This reminds me of a story I heard when I was a boy about a local man who had a bunch of daughters and no boys. He named the last two Ada and Nina. He said he was running out of names so he started numbering them.

I've heard some funny ones:

Ben Dover
Ilene Dover
Mickelo Blight
Dan Sing
Won Hung Lo
Harry Legg

Latest posts