OMG!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie":ngqe6kyg said:
Caustic Burno":ngqe6kyg said:
Well Frankie thats the difference in a liberal and a conservative view you say they have rights I say they gave up there rights after they are convicted. There victims should be the ones with rights not them.

I thank God that YOU don't make the rules, Caustic. And I doubt that you ever will. We're a better country than you want us to be.
he's right on ,,,this country is weak as peewee herman with a hangover... the dam politcal correct libirals are gonna make us prisoners

knowknews":377cpa0f said:
It is called Progressive Judges that do not hold people acountable for their actions.
Until we get ready to take the moral high ground back from these low lifes it will continue.
Hang em high and for all to see.
In my childhood no one ever thought of taking keys out of a vehicle or locking the door, now you feel the need to be armed to go to church.

Church isn't safe for the average person either. >> http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-elderly-wo ... 2713.story
church aint safe, schools aint safe, your own home aint. last friday a nutty college professor... mowned down her fellow staff members

alacattleman":3mos7nag said:
Frankie":3mos7nag said:
Caustic Burno":3mos7nag said:
Well Frankie thats the difference in a liberal and a conservative view you say they have rights I say they gave up there rights after they are convicted. There victims should be the ones with rights not them.

I thank God that YOU don't make the rules, Caustic. And I doubt that you ever will. We're a better country than you want us to be.
he's right on ,,,this country is weak as peewee herman with a hangover... the dam politcal correct libirals are gonna make us prisoners
From what I'm reading, the airplane psycho wasn't a dam political correct libiral...far from it. In his manifesto he said something about violence being the only way. That doesn't sound too liberal leaning to me...

Alice

Frankie":1mfyyb78 said:
More crock. Our jails are full because people are being held accountable for their crimes.

My late mother would have called this "stinking thinking".

The jails are full because liberals are running the system - especially the school systems. All you have to do is ask what has changed in the last 50 years.

Progress is good. Backing up isn't.

We should not have tunnel vision either. This is way much broader than prison. What has happened to good ole innovation?

No,the system we have here doesn't do the job right. Having said that,how many Americans are fleeing to other countries?
I have a suggestion about murderers--very simple,helps the bleeding hearts out---They only have to stay in jail as long as their victim remains dead..
I'm VERY angry about probation for the guy that suckerpunched the young man. I do not understand the reasoning behind that.

BTW I'm sure Billy the Kid and those outlaws hanged in McDade on Christmas Day were NOT the product of todays Liberals

Jogeephus":37xkjkii said:
Why is it that liberals always think you can solve problems by spending other peoples money? My method is quite simple and a lot less expensive and doesn't require a cable t.v subscription or gym equipment. If you do a crime using deadly force with intent you should be executed plain and simple. If you rape someone or molest someone using force you should be executed. Delay of execution longer than 6 months after conviction should be viewed the same as justice denied and would be immediately remedied.

Sorry about your family member I hope when they let the POS out of prison this model prsioner doesn't go and rob and shoot someone like the model prisoners did my father. Or the model prisoner that raped that little girl last month. He was in for his 4th rape I think but he was a model prsioner. But you see under my system you wouldn't have had to buy food for the POS for ten years since the prisoners would have done buried his worthless a$$.

To answer your question. It would require no more money. In fact it would be a savings once I got all the liberal touchy feeling programs out of the system and finished painting the express lanes to the gas chamber.

Vengence is not yours or mine. But I have to laugh. Here we are at the crux of the matter. You want SOMEONE else to take care of the problem. You and Caustic want people put in jail, kept in jail, but neither one of you is willing to pay for the jails or guards to keep them there. You want a society like you had as kids, while you both probably lead much better lives than your parents did, you and your kids will probably live longer, healthier lives than your parents and grand parents. I don't want to go back to living in a shotgun house with no indoor plumbing, but then Caustic was born into a well to do family so he doesn't actually know what it's like to not have modern conveniences. But he's quick to judge other people. But, in the end, you guys don't have a case. People are being held accountable for their crimes because the jails are full. Want more people held accountable? Build more jails. That's great until YOU realize it's going to cost YOU money. Then you go off on a rant about just killing them. Something you know isn't going to happen. But, hey, it's a way to try and change the subject. :lol: :lol:

This country maybe getting real close to a Military take over. Probably not a bad idea. Something needs to be done to take the country back.

Calman":auoyxsvg said:
Frankie,I believe you have some serious problems.
we should turn all our poor little prisoners over to you and when the become a repeat offender we hold you total responsible.

Cal

I don't have any serious problems. You can catch the 20 year old with the pot he's been secretly growing in momma's basement under a gro-lite on his way to his college dorm room across state lines and throw him into jail for ten years for attempt to distribute. When he gets out as a 30 year old having spent the last ten being told when to get up, when to eat, when to go to bed, with hard case criminals, he won't be the same person. There's a good chance (80% maybe?) that he'll go back to jail within five years. After that, he'll likely spend more of his life in jail than out and it will cost you and society big bucks. Or you could hire more probation officers and give him probation. Keep him in college to get an education where he might be a contributing member of society. Personally I think the second option is worth a shot. There certainly are people who should be in jail, but the numbers in jail these days are staggering.

I'm sure you'll hold someone else responsible. 'Cause you, Caustic and Jo don't take responsibility for anything while lamenting how irresponsible others are. :lol: :lol:

curtis":3afgxfm3 said:
This country maybe getting real close to a Military take over. Probably not a bad idea. Something needs to be done to take the country back.
http://jonathanturley.org/2010/02/12/video-three-seattle-metro-guards-watch-as-teenagers-rob-and-beat-girl-in-front-of-them/ hope not our homeland security will stand by and let it happen

Frankie":2tfqh51n said:
But I have to laugh.

It is not a laughing matter for most folks. People are dead. People are victims of crime.

You and Caustic want people put in jail, kept in jail,

I am counting way more than two, and that is just in this thread.

born into a well to do family so he doesn't actually know what it's like to not have modern conveniences.

You seem to know an awful lot about a given few. If you want to compare being poor with me, you're going to lose big time. I know what its like to be a hungry kid. You also come in here saying that no one else is will to do things (or pay for things). We can compare notes on that as well.

I don't expect you to want to be accountable nor do I expect you to see the big picture. This is way bigger than the limited subjects discussed in this thread. Anyway, your words didn't fall short of my expectations.

backhoeboogie":39rmokfn said:
Frankie":39rmokfn said:
But I have to laugh.

It is not a laughing matter for most folks. People are dead. People are victims of crime.

You and Caustic want people put in jail, kept in jail,

I am counting way more than two, and that is just in this thread.

born into a well to do family so he doesn't actually know what it's like to not have modern conveniences.

You seem to know an awful lot about a given few. If you want to compare being poor with me, you're going to lose big time. I know what its like to be a hungry kid. You also come in here saying that no one else is will to do things (or pay for things). We can compare notes on that as well.

I don't expect you to want to be accountable nor do I expect you to see the big picture. This is way bigger than the limited subjects discussed in this thread. Anyway, your words didn't fall short of my expectations.

YOUR big picture is not MY big picture, thank heavens. I was never hungry. Heck, I didn't even know we were poor until 7th grade when the social studies teacher asked us how much money our parents made. I was very shocked to find we were a "low income" family. Everybody else that I knew was in about the same situation as us.

And I didn't say that "no one else is willing to pay for "things". I said Caustic and Jo aren't willing to pay more taxes to build more jails. Guess I shouldn't be surprised at you trying to twist my words. :roll:

http://www.startribune.com/41308982.html?page=1&c=y

Frankie, this is an article regarding the downward trend in inmate populations in Mn. There was a more current article that I was trying to find from December about how low inmate population continues to decrease.

Many counties in Mn expanded their jails in an effort to supply the anticipated demand, the facility I work at included. We are less than half full. This does not cut the cost of housing these inmates as we are still required to have all housing units supervised. The county next to us built a new jail that stands empty.

I am simply pointing out that inmate populations are NOT increasing, at least not in Mn. Our jails are NOT full, and we have prisons closing.

Frankie":36cfl2xg said:
If courts are so lenient, why are our jails full? You will have to make a better case than this.
Refer to my previous post.

So why is she continually offending? She's a druggie. Think how much it costs to keep her in jail versus helping her get cleaned up and some job training. And some drug prevention before the next one gets hooked.
She has been to treatment (out patient and residential) many times. It is ineffective. She is in her 40's. As a side note her duaghter is also a frequent flyer. She states the reason that treatment is unsuccessful is because her husband does not support her. See? Someones else's fault. :roll:

He humiliates his prisoners, he makes them wash their own clothes.
I wash my own clothes Frankie. I am not humiliated by this.

they live in open tents so the public can see them,
Good.
he refused to take a woman in labor to the hospital so her child was born in jail
Good again. Children are born in worse places.

Abuse by guards is far worse than inmate violence. Guards represent me. They should be held to a higher standard.
And they are. Inmate abuse is not tolerated in the facility. If you even speak disrespectfully to them they fill out an "Inmate Complaint Form" on you and you are brought before admin to account for your decision.

angie":2ktjehs7 said:
http://www.startribune.com/41308982.html?page=1&c=y

Frankie, this is an article regarding the downward trend in inmate populations in Mn. There was a more current article that I was trying to find from December about how low inmate population continues to decrease.

Many counties in Mn expanded their jails in an effort to supply the anticipated demand, the facility I work at included. We are less than half full. This does not cut the cost of housing these inmates as we are still required to have all housing units supervised. The county next to us built a new jail that stands empty.

I am simply pointing out that inmate populations are NOT increasing, at least not in Mn. Our jails are NOT full, and we have prisons closing.

Your link is an article on a "for profit" prison built to house inmates from other states. it's not representative of your own state's jail population.

In fact, here's a link to a report on MN's jail population. MN has one of the lowest prison populations in the country. While this report is a few years old, (2006) it says very clearly that the inmate population in MN has "expanded dramatically over the last several decades...." In fact, they expect to have a 24% increase in male inmates by the end of 2014 and a 55% increase in females. The good news: Looks like you won't be out of a job soon. The State of MN is doing what OK is: keeping more prisoners in county jails instead of sending them to state facilities. That increases the strain on local communities' law enforcement agencies, but it keeps the count down for the state. Also note the report identifies some programs that have been instituted to keep offenders out of jail or shortening their sentences.

http://www.corr.state.mn.us/documents/P ... t-FY06.pdf

Oh, and don't think I didn't notice that in your reply, you cut out the fact that Sheriff Joe's treatment of priosners hasn't cut down on the population in his jails. But ignoring it doesn't make it less true. It just suggests to me that you're not willing to have an honest discussion.

Frankie":25h5ke86 said:
You can catch the 20 year old with the pot he's been secretly growing in momma's basement under a gro-lite on his way to his college dorm room across state lines and throw him into jail for ten years for attempt to distribute. When he gets out as a 30 year old having spent the last ten being told when to get up, when to eat, when to go to bed, with hard case criminals, he won't be the same person. There's a good chance (80% maybe?) that he'll go back to jail within five years. After that, he'll likely spend more of his life in jail than out and it will cost you and society big bucks. Or you could hire more probation officers and give him probation. Keep him in college to get an education where he might be a contributing member of society.

So you get to decide which laws can be broken and socially acceptable and which require jail time? Why not just legalize everything?

Frankie":25h5ke86 said:
Keep him in college to get an education where he might be a contributing member of society.

If I am going to pay for college for people (I already do) why take a chance on someone who MIGHT become a contributing member to society? There's plenty of kids out there right now who abide by society's laws and can't afford college. I'd rather take my chances on one of them.

I read through your posts and it seems you are debating yourself Frankie. In one post you say the prisons are full and then Angie shows you they're not. Then you want to argue that. Were does it stop?

backhoeboogie":28usz3v4 said:
Frankie":28usz3v4 said:
You can catch the 20 year old with the pot he's been secretly growing in momma's basement under a gro-lite on his way to his college dorm room across state lines and throw him into jail for ten years for attempt to distribute. When he gets out as a 30 year old having spent the last ten being told when to get up, when to eat, when to go to bed, with hard case criminals, he won't be the same person. There's a good chance (80% maybe?) that he'll go back to jail within five years. After that, he'll likely spend more of his life in jail than out and it will cost you and society big bucks. Or you could hire more probation officers and give him probation. Keep him in college to get an education where he might be a contributing member of society.

So you get to decide which laws can be broken and socially acceptable and which require jail time? Why not just legalize everything?

Frankie":28usz3v4 said:
Keep him in college to get an education where he might be a contributing member of society.

If I am going to pay for college for people (I already do) why take a chance on someone who MIGHT become a contributing member to society? There's plenty of kids out there right now who abide by society's laws and can't afford college. I'd rather take my chances on one of them.

I read through your posts and it seems you are debating yourself Frankie. In one post you say the prisons are full and then Angie shows you they're not. Then you want to argue that. Were does it stop?

Angie doesn't show me they're not. Her contention that MN's prison population is decreasing is wrong. It would be even worse except for the programs put in place that shortened jail sentences or what I've suggested: parole or supervision.

Frankie":250cujaz said:
In fact, here's a link to a report on MN's jail population. MN has one of the lowest prison populations in the country. While this report is a few years old, (2006) it says very clearly that the inmate population in MN has "expanded dramatically over the last several decades...."

Yes. You're probably right there Frankie. Several decades ago there was far less population in the whole United States. :D :D :D Less schools, smaller colleges with far less enrollment, fewer roads with less traffic, etc. etc. It only makes sense to me.

Latest posts