OMG I was cute!

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt":34wjfkqi said:
I didn't have sun glasses on or hair covering my face.

that would be part of the whole hippie thing, man 8) I go barefoot a lot too

P.S. I've never pictured Arizona with grass. Nice pic!

Lots. AZ is very diverse, sand dunes to snow covered peaks, cactus to tundra., the Grand Canyon to volcanic peaks. Lots of good cattle country among and inbetween.

Combine ~ large machine used to harvest corn and beans around here, I'd imagine other things elsewhere. Is a noun "The combine is broke" and a verb "I was combining the beans when the combine broke down"

Yeah I knew it was large and probably had to do with harvesting (but maybe planting or weeding or something else, I wasn't sure) I know they are expensive and some farmers contract out that work but I don't really know how they work. Like a lawn mower or more like a big vacuum? Do they package and store the product or spit it into some other container? (I'm working off what I know about hay - and that isn't much, I have never been around farms much - all we have is rangeland)

Husbands family were farmers back in Illinois (and a few in Minnesota!) but most of them have passed on and I think all the cousins are city folks now. Not sure, hard enough to keep up with my side!

Hippie Rancher":1qov3b9p said:
Yeah I knew it was large and probably had to do with harvesting (but maybe planting or weeding or something else, I wasn't sure) I know they are expensive and some farmers contract out that work but I don't really know how they work. Like a lawn mower or more like a big vacuum? Do they package and store the product or spit it into some other container? (I'm working off what I know about hay - and that isn't much, I have never been around farms much - all we have is rangeland)

Husbands family were farmers back in Illinois (and a few in Minnesota!) but most of them have passed on and I think all the cousins are city folks now. Not sure, hard enough to keep up with my side!

I guess like a lawn mower would be best to explain. Leaves field stubble behind. It seperates the grain from the plant (through magic that only makers know), spits the shredded plant waste out the back. Stores on itself a "bunch" of grain. When the storage on combine is full, the grain is dumped (augered) into a gravity box. Bingo.

angie":20s9krr7 said:
Hippie Rancher":20s9krr7 said:

I guess like a lawn mower would be best to explain. Leaves field stubble behind. It seperates the grain from the plant (through magic that only makers know), spits the shredded plant waste out the back. Stores on itself a "bunch" of grain. When the storage on combine is full, the grain is dumped (augered) into a gravity box. Bingo.

I have this combine that, say your out in a wheat field. Push a button and fresh sliced loaves of bread come out. Ready for the grocery store. White, Whole Wheat. To get muti grain type bread you got to be in a field planted accordingly. We do thatt to, big demand for the miti grain stuff. :stop: :stop:

thats a great pic of you as a lil girl roping that calf.an all the other pics are great as well.

Hey TxWalt, you forgot to light your smoke & your horse doesn't have 4 legs ;-) Hippie are you fish'n in that tank?
Great pics guys

Latest posts