OMG!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice":2yc3qa5l said:
peg4x4":2yc3qa5l said:
The body count is 2---one of them is the pilot,one a guy just doing his job. 1 person in a burn center,seems to not be too bad,not to make light of burns. 1 was treated for smoke inhalation,he was released,said he wanted to go to church,then home. The wife and daughter were gotten out of the burning house all right.
Lots of people out of a place to work,but not a job.
Everybody says this guy never caused any trouble,nice,polite....now THIS!! Don't know how he was to live with.
So how does anyone know what this guy is planning/thinking--How are you going to protect me?? Put everyone who minds their own busness and is quite in jail? What punishment would have stopped him?

You are right, Peg. I shouldn't have lumped this guy in with the rest. From what I'm reading, there really weren't any outward signs. I just "assumed" that a seemingly successful person who would fly a plane into a building on purpose, and burn down his house with his loved ones in it surely would have shown signs of being unbalanced. Cripes, people like him are more dangerous than the Amy Bishop types.

Alice

You are right Alice, you would think that there would be signs. But I have totally witnessed an average, normal, family, guy for 32 years, melt down into a confused, narcissistic, troubled individual , who destroyed his entire life in just 4 months.... Imbalanced Hormone Disorder !!!!!

I see Sheriff Joe continually brought up and I was wondering if anyone could answer a question concerning his prisons for me: How does the reincarceration rates for his prisoners compare to other prisons?

The fact that his prison remains full really doesn't prove anything. His prison could be full for the reason's Frankie points out, or it could be full because it seems to work so more prisoners are being sent there.

Thanks

Caustic Burno":2pt6wfib said:
Boogie quit responding as I did this just enables someone's ego for some twisted reason.

Yes Sir. She's right and the rest of the world twisted. :shock:

Caustic Burno":2mmij012 said:
Boogie quit responding as I did this just enables someone's ego for some twisted reason.

Hey, Caustic. Ever wonder why when a Mod gets all huffy and feels like arguing politics it's OK, but when you and I discuss the United States Constitution it gets deleted as being too political? Amazing!! :lol2: :lol2:

Frankie":1fr8oipk said:
Oh, and don't think I didn't notice that in your reply, you cut out the fact that Sheriff Joe's treatment of priosners hasn't cut down on the population in his jails. But ignoring it doesn't make it less true. It just suggests to me that you're not willing to have an honest discussion.

The only thing that shows is that I was too busy to deal with each detail of your discussion Frankie. I am willing to have an honest discussion, but you want to argue, not learn.

Angie doesn't show me they're not. Her contention that MN's prison population is decreasing is wrong. It would be even worse except for the programs put in place that shortened jail sentences or what I've suggested: parole or supervision.

Hopefully you took the time to look at the second article I submitted. I am not just giving you just stats and articles to read ~ I am telling you what I see, I am telling you what I know and directly observe and experience. I am giving you information that directly impacts me and you are disregarding it. Do you think I work in this environment and am not aware that there are fewer inmates now than when I started? That in 2006 stats projected an increased need for housing, but those stats were wrong and now many Mn counties are suffering for it, including the one I work in. Our jails are less than half full. YOU are wrong.

Parole and/or supervision is a joke.

At no time in my prior posts was I disrespectful to you or your opinions, nor have I ever been. I am done arguing with you.

My county has about the same population for the last 100 yrs.
In my childhood, we had a Sheriff (elected) and one deputy. A jail with 4 cells. 'They' didn't really say how many prisoners could be kept in those cells or how much exercise the prisoners should have.
Now, we have a Sheriff and 6 deputies. A jail with 80 beds. Two judges, 3 or 4 prosecutors.
I honestly don't know what that means, but it seems significant.

VanC":2d0wy3nb said:
Caustic Burno":2d0wy3nb said:

Hey, Caustic. Ever wonder why when a Mod gets all huffy and feels like arguing politics it's OK, but when you and I discuss the United States Constitution it gets deleted as being too political? Amazing!! :lol2: :lol2:

Think we are the unstable ones? ;-)

ollie?":kv2alndr said:
Frankie you're embarrassing yourself.

Making a fool out of herself is more like it. I like the way she fills in the blanks with her tirades and misses the whole point. It must be nice to marry up as she claims and live a kept life and not have to deal with everyday society but how can one breathe with their head up their a$$? Can't help but wonder how many people would have to be murdered or raped before a jury of Frankie's would put the scum down. And at what point would they cut off their conjugal visits?

It amazes me how left wing liberals feel the only way to fix something is by throwing tax dollars at it. They never seem to look at fixing the system itself. Maybe that's the root of the matter they are so far removed from the real world they don't understand. I don't think we need to be building hotels. We don't have a justice system but a legal system that works for profit. It doesn't have to be this way but it will be as long as we continue to coddle failure and reward mediocrity.

P1010856.jpg

What kind of tree was that anyway?

angie":3mcvtypx said:
Frankie":3mcvtypx said:
Oh, and don't think I didn't notice that in your reply, you cut out the fact that Sheriff Joe's treatment of priosners hasn't cut down on the population in his jails. But ignoring it doesn't make it less true. It just suggests to me that you're not willing to have an honest discussion.

The only thing that shows is that I was too busy to deal with each detail of your discussion Frankie. I am willing to have an honest discussion, but you want to argue, not learn.

Angie doesn't show me they're not. Her contention that MN's prison population is decreasing is wrong. It would be even worse except for the programs put in place that shortened jail sentences or what I've suggested: parole or supervision.

Hopefully you took the time to look at the second article I submitted. I am not just giving you just stats and articles to read ~ I am telling you what I see, I am telling you what I know and directly observe and experience. I am giving you information that directly impacts me and you are disregarding it. Do you think I work in this environment and am not aware that there are fewer inmates now than when I started? That in 2006 stats projected an increased need for housing, but those stats were wrong and now many Mn counties are suffering for it, including the one I work in. Our jails are less than half full. YOU are wrong.

Parole and/or supervision is a joke.

At no time in my prior posts was I disrespectful to you or your opinions, nor have I ever been. I am done arguing with you.
Angie; We need to send some prisoners from Texas up to ya. Here we are over crowded and prisoners have been getting early parole for years just to make room for the new arrivals. The judges are having to be more liberal with sentences as there is no room.I know of many convected criminals that actually have an appointment with the prison system as to the date their prison term will start.

Arguing with a bleeding heart liberal is like rocking in a rocking chair,you can rock all day and you still have not went anywhere. Until they understand the punishment needs to fit the crime we will always have overcrowded jails.It has been made way too easy in our prison system.
With all this talk of a prisoners rights I do not believe a convicted murder should be put in place where he get's medical treatment,three squares a day,and a heated and air conditioned room for the rest of his life
while the victim struggles every day trying to cope with the fact he/she lost a loved one.
And yes it's true I think a lot like CB and Boogie on this subject.It's just a shame more people don't think the same way.

Frankie I'll bet you spend you nights crying because you Angus have to be contained behind barbwire,and your days out amongst them hugging and talking to them,trying to convince them not to stray so you can get rid of all that dreaded barbwire. :lol: :lol:

I too am through with this discussion but I might add, Frankie you do make for a lot of laughs. :lol: :lol:
Now having said this I know you will try a remark to draw me back with a comment.
But it will not happen.

Cal

Calman":2k0670jq said:
Frankie I'll bet you spend you nights crying because you Angus have to be contained behind barbwire,and your days out amongst them hugging and talking to them,trying to convince them not to stray so you can get rid of all that dreaded barbwire. :lol: :lol:

Cal

C'mon, Cal...you know better than that. It's ok to disagree, but please, don't start it down another road.

Alice

Calman":1ppzngvw said:
Arguing with a bleeding heart liberal is like rocking in a rocking chair,you can rock all day and you still have not went anywhere. Until they understand the punishment needs to fit the crime we will always have overcrowded jails.It has been made way too easy in our prison system.
With all this talk of a prisoners rights I do not believe a convicted murder should be put in place where he get's medical treatment,three squares a day,and a heated and air conditioned room for the rest of his life
while the victim struggles every day trying to cope with the fact he/she lost a loved one.
And yes it's true I think a lot like CB and Boogie on this subject.It's just a shame more people don't think the same way.

I too am through with this discussion but I might add, Frankie you do make for a lot of laughs. :lol: :lol:
Now having said this I know you will try a remark to draw me back with a comment.
But it will not happen.

Cal

Until you and the others in this discussion are willing to fork over your hard earned dollars to build more jails and pay more guards (or agree to more paroles/supervison), you're just blowing hot air. That was the original point of my first post. You guys are trying to deflect and change the argument. But that's ok. The animal rights people do it all the time.

Went back and read this post again. Strange, I don't see any "discussion" from you. I see personal attacks and insults. But, hey, I'm always glad to make someone smile. :D

angie":13cemt41 said:
http://www.startribune.com/41308982.html?elr=KArksUUUoDEy3LGDiO7aiU
Maybe this is what I was looking for Frankie. Will address the rest when I have time as well as find more current article. Inmate populations were EXPECTED to increase in 2006. Thats why the facilities were increased and/or built. The expected increase never materialized.

I think its the same article?

While you dis parole and/or supervision, people in your article think it's working.

From the article:
Jail administrator Jerry Negen said one reason for the decrease in inmates is that the courts are increasingly finding alternatives to jail time for law breakers. There's a big push for more specialized programs that reduce jail time in favor of more treatment and court supervision.

"They've got 30 plus people in our drug court right now that are doing well, so there's 30 people out of custody that they report to drug court," Negen said. "We also have in Crow Wing County DWI court... So there's another 15 to 20 on that. So there's where our numbers went, we believe."

Why should more money be put up when they could work enough to support themselves? The ones on death row could be killed and make room for more and prison in general could be less plesant so people wouldn't want to go there.

Latest posts