older widows with land and cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Lately,I"v been hearing from some of my customers that,after their husbands died,they have been beseiged by men,wanting to run their place for them,proposing marrage,and generally makeing nusences of themselves....One went so far as to call the ladys son cause she kept hanging up on him,wondering if"grief had unhenged her,and if she needed a man to run things" Son is a lawyer,and told him where to go,but too many don't have that protection,or spunk enough to hang up on them!

Men are dogs.

You wouldnt happen to have her number would you? :shock:

MD

redfornow":2f2v4oiy said:
Men are dogs.

MD

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

peg4x4":1zryzbx7 said:
Lately,I"v been hearing from some of my customers that,after their husbands died,they have been beseiged by men,wanting to run their place for them,proposing marrage,and generally makeing nusences of themselves....One went so far as to call the ladys son cause she kept hanging up on him,wondering if"grief had unhenged her,and if she needed a man to run things" Son is a lawyer,and told him where to go,but too many don't have that protection,or spunk enough to hang up on them!

Peg, I've heard of widows becoming quickly interested in new widowers, but I haven't heard of what you're describing happening. But anymore, nothing surprises me.

Alice

I've seen it happen several times--
I know one guy that inherited three different places by ingratiating himself with older widows.
They all benefited-he was really good to all of them--- but it still strikes me as slimey.

Funny thing is,none of them have come on to me :shock: of course being ever so sligetly broke may have something to do with it :lol: :lol:

Some men will do anything for money.

Now if I could find a rich widow who was, say 30 and looked........

I wont go there.

Dave

It can backfire. The lady down the road from us has a dairy and she claims to have worked three husbands to death! She's in her 90's and still milks twice a day.

john250":3w4ksdhw said:
redfornow":3w4ksdhw said:
Men are dogs.

MD

You beat me to this! :lol:

Dirty old men think alike,
I wonder were Dun is in this.
I know he is old.....
I know he is dirty...

MMM...

Lammie":2v229234 said:
It can backfire. The lady down the road from us has a dairy and she claims to have worked three husbands to death! She's in her 90's and still milks twice a day.

Now that sounds more like the girl I married????

MD

I understand your opinions but, sometimes believe it or not, men do care and keep a place up for widows, we use two places and I pay rent, mow lawns and other crazy stuff to help these older women out. It works out pretty darn good for them and me. Besides I never go hungry when I'm on either one of their places, I think they have a competition going to see who can make me gain 20 pounds the quickest. I let it slip that I liked pickled eggs, now every easter, christmas, thanksgiving , birthday, kid's birthday parties I am drowning in pickled eggs. Keep in mind that if these guys do "inherit" these places they pay dear inheritance taxes on them, I can promise you that.

And I've heard all my life that men wanted young women. Guess its all been a lie. There's plenty of rich widows around. But they mostly spend their time keeping the gold diggers away from their sons it seems to me. Guess it is a double edge.

peg4x4":1o0o9mlc said:

I stopped in to visit a new widow about two weeks after her husband's funeral. She lives on the highway. She told me she couldn't even sit out in her front yard in the evenings because men stopped and wanted to set with her. Her kids were really upset. She had moved to the back yard which is out of sight of the highway, but was very uncomfortable with the situation. These were men she knew, but had not stopped and visited when her husband was alive. So I guess it's not uncommon. This lady is quite frank and blunt. She'll send them on their way, but it's a shame for her to be put in that position in such a fragile emotional state.

We have a widow down the road. Her problem isn't with men, its the real estate agents and developers. Needless to say she isn't going anywhere and is keeping half the cows. She decided to rent out the cropland and buy the hay she needs.

vulturesnacking.gif
...is what I think of land developers.

Alice

Lot of men from cow traders to others prey on widows atleast that is what I see here.. I take care of a Womens farm and her steers plus do a lot for her I get repect and help run them kind off she is 80 a very healthy and refers to them as Her Hottie..You can laugh but Im reallly not..Bibs,bald and walks funny,,,,

Latest posts