OK, for all you beggars out there (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here you go, Not the most artistic shot's perhaps, but hope you enjoy them. No special treatment for these girls. They have some decent feed, and as much of it as they want to eat. No grain for them, except what was baled up, don't imagine they'd be getting more than a # or 2 if it were figured out.

The lick tank, which is mostly empty
xy_DSC01420.jpg

A bunch of young cows, bred heifers and 2 year olds
The herford has raised 1 calf, the black is a yearling
xy_DSC01423.jpg

A bred heifer in front, and a 2/3 year old in the back
xy_DSC01424.jpg

2 year old
xy_DSC01425.jpg

yearling, that would have been a 4-h calf for our daughter, except she wanted a baby calf.
xy_DSC01429.jpg

Nother yearling
xy_DSC01433.jpg

and another
xy_DSC01435.jpg

This one's a 2 year old
xy_DSC01436.jpg

And some more yearlings
xy_DSC01437.jpg

xy_DSC01439.jpg

This one's just a bit too well fed,
xy_DSC01446.jpg

Some pictures from our stormy day,
xy_DSC01459.jpg

xy_DSC01460.jpg

xy_DSC01463.jpg

TexasBred":2mt3n882 said:
Randi...is that a cat or a skunk?? :lol2: :lol2:

We're not real sure, I think it's a crossbred, turn him one way and he looks like a cat, turn him the other and he looks like a skunk. Just imagine the hybrid vigor there :lol: :lol:

randiliana":1uitpc34 said:
TexasBred":1uitpc34 said:
Randi...is that a cat or a skunk?? :lol2: :lol2:

We're not real sure, I think it's a crossbred, turn him one way and he looks like a cat, turn him the other and he looks like a skunk. Just imagine the hybrid vigor there :lol: :lol:

Hybrid vigor in your cows and your cat .. You sure take your breeding seriously in all aspects .. :lol2: Not too spoiled either is he.. ;-)

Cows look great.

Yep Jo, it not only looks cold but is cold.. :p

Ah, it's not that bad out there. only -15 C today.

I do indeed take my breeding seriously, and well, gotta do some experimentation here and there to keep things interesting after all :lol:

Oh, he's about as spoiled as a cat can be. But we do keep another more 'evil' one around just to keep him on his toes :lol2: . She's pretty spoiled too...

Cows look good an it's way to cold there. Was in the mid 40sF here today an overcast an wet feeling and that was to much for me. Your feeding system would sure work great with the gin trash I'm feeding, to bad your about 1500 miles from the nearest gin.

Thanks again guys, glad you enjoy the photos. It's not so bad out there, only -33 C this morning, but supposed to be up to 0C by tomorrow, and then back down to -15 or so for the rest of the week. Just gotta love all that bouncing around!!

Latest posts