o no more

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbruh

Reaction score
Has anyone used the orphan no more product? Is it a lone use product or is there more steps to the process? Any testimonials. My jersey cross heifer is producing more than enough milk for one calf. Considering grafting another one on her. Does nursing her own calf add more difficulty to the process or does it make it easier? Thanks.

Several years ago we tried every calf claiming product on the market at the time. There were 6 or so products that claimed to work. None of them made any difference. Granny finally just claimed the calf and raised her along with her own calf.

I used it on a set of twins from a cow that should have been in a special ed class. She actually went right to licking AFTER we toweled them a little and poured some down their toppline. When the "light went on", she accepted both. (I think, with this cow, I might have gotten the same results with some sweet feed poured on their backs). Oh, the "memories" of her...

I've heard conflicting results as well.. I bought a bottle but haven't had the wonderful opportunity to use it.. yet.. Figured it isn't going to do any harm anyhow

I ran out few years ago and just use some good loose mineral now. Them cold nights really helps to keep the cow licking to get it all the way dry too.

We used it with great results. We would milk the cow a bit and rub her milk into the calves back and sides and then pour on the o no mo. Worked every time

I've used it several times, and it works. I spent 3 days getting a cow to adopt after she lost her calf. Using
o no more she let the calf nurse an hour later.

Back when it was made with blood meal it was awesome! It does work, but not as good as it did. A friend of mine said his father in law has a secerate recipie. The only part he would tell me is to put Karo corn syrup on the calf, then sprinkle the o-no-more on the syrup. The flavor will get her to lick & the powder will stick to the syrup.

I have used the Karo syrup and sprinkled loose mineral on the syrup..they usually go right tobtown. I have also smeared milk on backs and sides of calf too. One other technique is to smear the "birth slime" directly from the calf onto mom's nose and muzzle..of course this applies to a fresh birth that mom isn't very interested in mothering.

Latest posts