now its coyotes..geez

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
yotes are back...230 am....ferget sleepin with the windows open..once every dog including my own for a mile in evry direction gits going its an all nighter. man what a pita...theyre a good ways off in the neighbors far pastures...I have never seen one..or their tracks..but there is more than one..maybe 3 id guess

ive got 7 calves out there less than a month old..7 more in the next 2 mos....hope they stay where theyre at

at least they aint killed any of mine or anyone elses that I have asked....but they sure are lettin us know theyre out there.
this been going on now bout a month or better

They cut up here almost every night unless the weather is bad. So far I've never lost a calf to coyotes as far as I know. They find easier prey usually.

The one that got a duck and a chicken a few weeks back still returns occasionally. We've tried to call it in three different times, but it won't show. Thinking about a treble hook, wire and a chicken thigh. :help:

As long as their no bothering anything leave them alone, if they really bother you find a trapper and let him do the deed.

I don't recomend the poison method it will backfire on ya.

I don't think you'll have much trouble. I've only seen one SW Florida coyote, but it wasn't all that large. Smaller than we have here in Ohio, and we rarely have troubles with them up here. I lost one calf, and I think they happend across the cow in labor. It's just a guess on my part, but I left for work with an expecting cow and came home to her standing over half a calf.

Yotes are bad, but try having a hoot owl rest close to your house every night. We have had one for the last 3 nights.

I've always heard that the yotes won't mess with calves here too db. But tell that to the one I shot while it was stalking the calves of a neighboring pasture. There's no doubt about what it was trying or thinking about doing.

dieselbeef":1d8hycre said:
yotes are back...230 am....ferget sleepin with the windows open..once every dog including my own for a mile in evry direction gits going its an all nighter. man what a pita...theyre a good ways off in the neighbors far pastures...I have never seen one..or their tracks..but there is more than one..maybe 3 id guess

ive got 7 calves out there less than a month old..7 more in the next 2 mos....hope they stay where theyre at

at least they aint killed any of mine or anyone elses that I have asked....but they sure are lettin us know theyre out there.
this been going on now bout a month or better

They go off here every night.
Show up here with your work clothes after a couple of days you will never hear them again.

cb I read that 3 times til I got it....I get yer drift fella. if it wasn't so new I probly wouldn't notice either but its driving the dogs nuts

Caustic Burno":203tw810 said:
Limomike":203tw810 said:
Yotes are bad, but try having a hoot owl rest close to your house every night. We have had one for the last 3 nights.

You better hire a Medicine man fast.
Not good.
Sleep tight.

Yeah, I know the legend and myths of the Indians, as I am of Cherokee desent. I knew better than to shoot him.. I see it occasionally as I am going thru the woods. He , or she, is a big fella.

Latest posts