Notre Dame cathedral fire

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
TexasBred said:
Hook2.0 said:
One thing that gets me, if this was that flammable, why the heck were candles even able to be lit inside? There were candles everywhere. Can you imagine how many would have died if this happened while it was open? Just the stairway to the bell tower is 1 person wide, and takes a while to get up there. It would have been a huge loss of life

No idea yet where it actually started but might have actually been extinguished more quickly if the building was occupied. Mass without candles is unheard of.

True Grit before you get too carried away with more pedophilia comments do some research on pedophilia and sex abuse among protestant ministers. It might open your eyes and scare the he// out of you to find out it is more common than among Catholic priests.

Where does one go to research such a thing?
TT really quite easy. A number of books have even been written about it.

https://www.christiancentury.org/article/2013-10/evangelicals-worse-catholics-sexual-abuse
https://newrepublic.com/article/142999/silence-lambs-protestants-concealing-catholic-size-sexual-abuse-scandal
http://sandpointreader.com/sex-abuse-among-evangelicals-worse-catholics/
https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2007/06/18/80877.htm

TexasBred said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
TexasBred said:
No idea yet where it actually started but might have actually been extinguished more quickly if the building was occupied. Mass without candles is unheard of.

True Grit before you get too carried away with more pedophilia comments do some research on pedophilia and sex abuse among protestant ministers. It might open your eyes and scare the he// out of you to find out it is more common than among Catholic priests.

Where does one go to research such a thing?
TT really quite easy. A number of books have even been written about it.

https://www.christiancentury.org/article/2013-10/evangelicals-worse-catholics-sexual-abuse
https://newrepublic.com/article/142999/silence-lambs-protestants-concealing-catholic-size-sexual-abuse-scandal
http://sandpointreader.com/sex-abuse-among-evangelicals-worse-catholics/
https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2007/06/18/80877.htm

Oh my goodness, I really must live in a bubble.

Aaron said:
Gonna take a boatload of money to redo it.
Heard something earlier on news that they will be looking for international financial assistance
to rebuild.
The international assistance will be from private funding.
If I heard it reported correctly 700 million dollars has already been raised from private donations.
With money pouring in from around the world.

Salma Hayek's husband, Francisco-Henri Pinault age 57, donated 100 million euros.
Forbes rates Pinault the 3rd richest man in France and 25th in the world at 31.5 billion dollars.
Some other French billionaire matched Pinault, so the rebuilding fund hit the ground running
before the ashes were cold.

They have what they believe is the original crown of thorns that Jesus wore on that fateful day. News reports state that it was rescued from the fire and "moved to a secret place". Those who have been there, have you seen the crown in person? I wonder how it would make one feel to stare at that infamous crown of thorns.

I find it really hard to believe they would have anything left from the crucifixion. If someone you knew and loved was tortured would you keep the items used to torture them considering at that time they really didn't understand what was going on and who he really was. Remembering this was not a rare event in the day. Maybe it is real, no way of ever really knowing.

800 year old wood probably needed replaced. In the end things may come out better than before and with free money.

I have been reading and watching and thought I might add some points to this discussion that many might not realize or know.

A good friend of mine runs a major security company in the EU. He hires Veterans exclusively and has contracts throughout many EU countries. He has already told me the following:

1) The workers who were refurbishing the roof of Notre-Dame are among the best specialized craftsmen in the world, concerning the restoration of medieval monuments (their title is "Meilleur Ouvrier de France"). They love their work, and take all the necessary precautions. They have worked in many rooms of the Castle of Versailles, they have restored many churches and cathedrals. For example, they worked during more than 20 years on the marvelous Strasbourg cathedral, and there was never a single problem.

2) No major work had started as they were still erecting the scaffolding. The workers stopped at 6:00 PM, the fire started at 6:50 PM, near scaffolding, used to climb there.

3) No electricity was allowed near the roof, because it was made of wood and as a matter of security, every inflammable thing was banned too. So, to have a fire there, someone needed to bring something.

4. The fire is criminal and that fire started at least in 2 different places at the same time, according to LCI, a French TV network. During 9 centuries, to the best of his knowledge there was never a single fire in Notre-Dame.

So already there are issues that are being seen by those who use their brain to think and see:

1. The truth of that fire will likely never be published as it might offend a major group in France.

2. Churches in France are vandalized literally every day by a major group of people who cannot be mentioned in event they are offended. In fact that information is seldom if ever reported.

3. A major group of people stood outside the barricades during the fire fighting and celebrated that fire. Mainstream media for the most part did not report this due to the potential of offending that group of people.

4. There is a reason America and Canada have travel warnings out against visiting France.

a. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/france-travel-advisory.html

b. https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/france

5. Because of this major group of people, the Eiffel Tower is now surrounded by a very high barrier and guarded by personnel with automatic weapons to protect the tourists and the historic site from attacks by a certain group of people.

6. There are regular attacks on churches in North America now and that information is highly suppressed due to the potential of offending a major group of people.

I have kept this as politically correct as possible to not get this topic closed, however we as people who usually live in the "boonies" do not often get to see what is happening in major centres of the world. If you sit down and do some serious searching on the web you will find all of this information.

Most of it will be found in the "alternate media" as the mainstream media will usually not report it. This is a typical example of suppression in order to create a false sensation of safety and peace in certain nations of the world.

I fully recognize that many will either disagree with me or find my post to be argumentative at best. However to ignore the truth of what is happening will simply allow this to continue.

Guard your community well because it is going to get far worse over time.

My best to all.

Logar said:
I have been reading and watching and thought I might add some points to this discussion that many might not realize or know.

A good friend of mine runs a major security company in the EU. He hires Veterans exclusively and has contracts throughout many EU countries. He has already told me the following:

1) The workers who were refurbishing the roof of Notre-Dame are among the best specialized craftsmen in the world, concerning the restoration of medieval monuments (their title is "Meilleur Ouvrier de France"). They love their work, and take all the necessary precautions. They have worked in many rooms of the Castle of Versailles, they have restored many churches and cathedrals. For example, they worked during more than 20 years on the marvelous Strasbourg cathedral, and there was never a single problem.

2) No major work had started as they were still erecting the scaffolding. The workers stopped at 6:00 PM, the fire started at 6:50 PM, near scaffolding, used to climb there.

3) No electricity was allowed near the roof, because it was made of wood and as a matter of security, every inflammable thing was banned too. So, to have a fire there, someone needed to bring something.

4. The fire is criminal and that fire started at least in 2 different places at the same time, according to LCI, a French TV network. During 9 centuries, to the best of his knowledge there was never a single fire in Notre-Dame.

So already there are issues that are being seen by those who use their brain to think and see:

1. The truth of that fire will likely never be published as it might offend a major group in France.

2. Churches in France are vandalized literally every day by a major group of people who cannot be mentioned in event they are offended. In fact that information is seldom if ever reported.

3. A major group of people stood outside the barricades during the fire fighting and celebrated that fire. Mainstream media for the most part did not report this due to the potential of offending that group of people.

4. There is a reason America and Canada have travel warnings out against visiting France.

a. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/france-travel-advisory.html

b. https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/france

5. Because of this major group of people, the Eiffel Tower is now surrounded by a very high barrier and guarded by personnel with automatic weapons to protect the tourists and the historic site from attacks by a certain group of people.

6. There are regular attacks on churches in North America now and that information is highly suppressed due to the potential of offending a major group of people.

I have kept this as politically correct as possible to not get this topic closed, however we as people who usually live in the "boonies" do not often get to see what is happening in major centres of the world. If you sit down and do some serious searching on the web you will find all of this information.

Most of it will be found in the "alternate media" as the mainstream media will usually not report it. This is a typical example of suppression in order to create a false sensation of safety and peace in certain nations of the world.

I fully recognize that many will either disagree with me or find my post to be argumentative at best. However to ignore the truth of what is happening will simply allow this to continue.

Guard your community well because it is going to get far worse over time.

My best to all.

Best to you too.

Hook2.0 said:
I heard several reports about the celebration of the burning, and several reports thats feces were being smeared on crosses at churches in france. I was watching one report, on fnc, and the guy being interviewed in france started talking about the problem, and the reporter shut him down. I found that weird

He was shut down because it is media and political policy to not allow any criticism of that special group. Most people do not know that.

In the UK - which as you know is part of the EU - if you say anything bad about them on social media you can and will be arrested. That is simply because they are protected by the police and politicians.

A short story on what happened to me in the UK.

I opened my briefcase one day in a London office and my Leatherman tool was seen - the police were called immediately and I was detained by building security.

I was almost arrested for carrying a "deadly weapon". If I had not been in uniform I would have been arrested, charged, jailed and possibly removed from the country.

The "weapon" was taken by the police (three of them - all bearded and two from another country other than the UK) and returned to me via the embassy when I departed the country.

Things are not as nice in the EU as many in North America think.

My best.

Logar said:
Hook2.0 said:
I heard several reports about the celebration of the burning, and several reports thats feces were being smeared on crosses at churches in france. I was watching one report, on fnc, and the guy being interviewed in france started talking about the problem, and the reporter shut him down. I found that weird

He was shut down because it is media and political policy to not allow any criticism of that special group. Most people do not know that.

In the UK - which as you know is part of the EU - if you say anything bad about them on social media you can and will be arrested. That is simply because they are protected by the police and politicians.

A short story on what happened to me in the UK.

I opened my briefcase one day in a London office and my Leatherman tool was seen - the police were called immediately and I was detained by building security.

I was almost arrested for carrying a "deadly weapon". If I had not been in uniform I would have been arrested, charged, jailed and possibly removed from the country.

The "weapon" was taken by the police (three of them - all bearded and two from another country other than the UK) and returned to me via the embassy when I departed the country.

Things are not as nice in the EU as many in North America think.

My best.

I really value your insight and experiences.

No matter what your beliefs are it's always a terrible thing when historic artifacts are destroyed. It seems people are trying to erase history in one way or another everyday. For the life of me I can't understand it. Everyone on this board should know that what happened in the past greatly affects what happens in the future. I know running cattle can't compare to the history of the world but a lesson is a lesson.

HDRider said:
True Grit Farms said:
An elected official from MN calls them "some people" We're at war and only one side is fighting.

She is from the Bronx

Sad to say she's not the one I was referring to HD.

Embattled Minnesota Democrat Ilhan Omar is beating other House Democrats by raising nearly $1 million, despite a series of anti-Semitic controversies that plagued her first three months in office.

Omar, who continues to face controversy over comments in which she appears to describe the September 11, 2011 terror attacks as "some people did something," has proven to be able to monetize in the wake of a backlash.

True Grit Farms said:
Embattled Minnesota Democrat Ilhan Omar is beating other House Democrats by raising nearly $1 million, despite a series of anti-Semitic controversies that plagued her first three months in office.
90 days into first term and first priority is re-election... the state of politics today.

True Grit Farms said:
HDRider said:
True Grit Farms said:
An elected official from MN calls them "some people" We're at war and only one side is fighting.

She is from the Bronx

Sad to say she's not the one I was referring to HD.

Omar, who continues to face controversy over comments in which she appears to describe the September 11, 2011 terror attacks as "some people did something," has proven to be able to monetize in the wake of a backlash.
Sorry, I had a total brain fail on that - You are correct

Latest posts