Not dilated.

Help Support CattleToday:

gcreekrch said:
Silver said:
gcreekrch said:
wbvs58...….. Hey Ken, can cattle get ringwomb like sheep?

Silver, was that cow here we would wait 3 days and give her 5 cc of Estrus and an infusion of a light tea comprised of 1/4 cup of bridine, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 40cc of LA in 2 quarts of water. This is given with an esophageal feeder and worked through the cervix.

What med does the vet have her on for post surgery?

Nothing. She came home loaded up with Liquamycin LA. I have followed up with Biomycin 200 not because of the vets recommendations, but because when I asked my usual vet about her continued straining he surmised that it could be caused by a bladder infection.
She is now slowly cleaning, so apparently my usual vet was correct about them being able to clean through a closed cervix. I'm not convinced she's going to live, but where there is life there is hope I suppose.
That's an interesting recipe. I'm not sure I'd want to put those ingredients in a cows uterus, but if it has worked for you I won't argue the results.

I have never heard of a vet not subscribing at least 10 days follow up with antibiotics. The tea is not infused until about day three and then is used to sterilize, cure and medicate right where it is needed most.
Most of my c-sections get 3-5 days of antibiotics and they do fine. I never put anything into a cow's uterus.

Latest posts