Not dear season yet,

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
but I got a real nice 8 point with my Z71 early this morning.
Sure glad I installed the ranch hand.
That makes 2 deer and three hogs so far,and I sure ain't trying to hit them. :mad:

Cal

Calman":g50wvfdw said:
but I got a real nice 8 point with my Z71 early this morning.
Sure glad I installed the ranch hand.
That makes 2 deer and three hogs so far,and I sure ain't trying to hit them. :mad:

Cal

Were u able to salvage any of it?

Not too much left of him,Vic.
I think it's against the law to try to take a hit deer.
I prolly would have tried anyhow If it was enough there to save.
Didn't hurt the truck any with the ranch hand and I also added a 4 in pipe bolted directly to the frame.
The pipe was mostly for hogs.It will knock them clean of the highway.

Cal

I almost hit a whole group of hogs pulling the boat about 15 years ago. Missed them with the truck but rolled 1 under the boat trailer axle. Probably about 150lbs. Looked in the mirror and it got up and ran off in the woods like nothing happened. THey are tuff. I'd mount a sickle bar to my lower bumper if I was around any numbers of them like you guys in Texas

hooknline":17ghfrxx said:
I almost hit a whole group of hogs pulling the boat about 15 years ago. Missed them with the truck but rolled 1 under the boat trailer axle. Probably about 150lbs. Looked in the mirror and it got up and ran off in the woods like nothing happened. THey are tuff. I'd mount a sickle bar to my lower bumper if I was around any numbers of them like you guys in Texas

Hook,I ran into a herd like that one time and was pulling a hay buggy with hay on it and on a gravel road.
I was only going about 35 and hit one sow out of the bunch.
She probably was around 200 or so and she lifted my whole truck and jacknifed my hay buggy.
I tore her up pretty bad so I finished her off with the 45.
Still can't figgure how I only got one out of the whole bunch.

Cal

I'm thinking I might need to mount a cow catcher like the old locomotive's had. :lol:

Cal

An insurance man once told me what percent of the vehicles that they had to pay out claims on were animal hits, and I honestly don't remember what it was. It was really high. In fact between me and my wife I think every claim we've ever turned in was deer. A body shop man told me once he worries more about blue tongue than the economy.

Calman":2mmuidwo said:
Hook,I ran into a herd like that one time and was pulling a hay buggy with hay on it and on a gravel road.
She probably was around 200 or so and she lifted my whole truck and jacknifed my hay buggy.

Cal

Come on Cal....fess up now.......you had been drinking. There was only one hog and you got it. :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol2: :lol2:

Bigfoot":1cknxb8n said:
An insurance man once told me what percent of the vehicles that they had to pay out claims on were animal hits, and I honestly don't remember what it was. It was really high. In fact between me and my wife I think every claim we've ever turned in was deer. A body shop man told me once he worries more about blue tongue than the economy.
Any who drives between Brady and Llano Texas can tell ya the deer strike % is pretty dang high, but I doubt the vehicles have even made a dent in that population.

I think the deer pretty much consider my truck fair game.. they hit it so much one year, I just waited til the season was over an got it fixed.. :cboy:

greybeard":1ge7s2i7 said:
Bigfoot":1ge7s2i7 said:
Any who drives between Brady and Llano Texas can tell ya the deer strike % is pretty dang high, but I doubt the vehicles have even made a dent in that population.

You got that right. A couple of years ago someone asked me if i had killed a deer yet and I said well I got one with a rifle and four with my truck!!!!!

TexasBred":dievnygt said:
Calman":dievnygt said:

Cal

Come on Cal....fess up now.......you had been drinking. There was only one hog and you got it. :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol2: :lol2:

Well Texbred I rekon that might make on look like a herd. :nod: :lol2: :lol2:

Cal

calfbuyer":11ar45wl said:
Grill guards are a MUST HAVE around here.

Grill guards only protect one part of the truck.. I have had em hit the side fender.. doors.. and even roll over the top of the hood, all the while scrambling to get off my hood... scratching the heck out of it. It's why I enjoy shooting a few of em each and every year... :nod:

Yeah, one of the four that i killed with the truck a couple years ago was a doe that decided that she just couldn't go on living any more and ran directly into the driver side door of my company truck. Cratered the entire door in and jammed it closed so that i had to crawl in and out of the passenger side for a week until I could get it into the body shop. Its amazing how a 90lb deer can cause that much damage but I guess if you are driving an Obama Motors GM then .............

Latest posts