North and South

Help Support CattleToday:

Rustler9

Reaction score
Someone sent this to me and I thought it was funny so here goes.....

NORTH & SOUTH

The North has coffee houses, The South has Waffle Houses.

The North has dating services, The South has family reunions.

The North has double last names, The South has double first names.

The North has Cream of Wheat, The South has grits.

The North has green salads, The South has collard greens

The North has lobsters, The South has crawfish.

FOR NORTHERNERS COMING SOUTH

In the South: If you run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in a four-wheel drive pickup truck with a tow chain will be along shortly.
Don't try to help them, just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

Don't be surprised to find movie rentals and bait in the same store. Do not buy food at this store.

Remember, "y'all" is singular, "all y'all" is plural, and "all y'all's" is plural possessive.

Get used to hearing "You ain't from round here, are ya?"

Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed later on how to use it.

Don't be worried at not understanding what people are saying. They can't understand you either.

The first Southern statement to creep into a transplanted Northerner's vocabulary is the adjective "big'ol," truck or big'ol" boy. Most Northerners begin their Southern-influenced dialect this way. All of them are in denial about it.

The proper pronunciation you learned in school is no longer proper.

Be advised that "He needed killin" is a valid defense here.

If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this," you should stay out of the way. These are likely to be the last words he'll ever say.

If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the smallest accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the local grocery store. It doesn't matter whether you need anything or not. You just have to go there.

Do not be surprised to find that 10-year-olds own their own shotguns, they are proficient marksmen, and their mammas taught them how to aim.

In the South, we have found that the best way to grow a lush green lawn is to pour gravel on it and call it a driveway.

AND REMEMBER:

If you do settle in the South and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Southerners. After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits.

Have a good day! Send this to at least four people that ain't related to you, and I reckon your life will turn into a country music song 'fore you know it.

Rustler9 said:
AND REMEMBER:

If you do settle in the South and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Southerners. After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits.
Love this one! :D

LOL.

It always amazes me the "north / south" comments on these internet sites. Here in the "north" we dont even think about a boundary or division. It seems like in the "south" this is quite an issue.

cornstalk":p4k214tx said:
LOL.

It always amazes me the "north / south" comments on these internet sites. Here in the "north" we dont even think about a boundary or division. It seems like in the "south" this is quite an issue.
Being from the Dakotas you wouldn't understand. ;-)

cornstalk":1k34t3t0 said:
LOL.

If y'all stay home there wouldn't be any issues. :lol:

You have to understand that when we say northerners, we are talking about only a few select states on the NE coast. They can't drive, they talk funny, they think they own the world, they think the world owes them, they have no manners, did I say they talk funny? They are not considerate of others, they talk funny, they interfere with my way of life, they clog up my streets and stores, they can't drive, they talk funny.....Get the idea? If not wait until they discover your state. ;-)

Oh, we are definitely not talking about you, you are from SOUTH Dakota. :D

There is a MAJOR difference between Northerners and Yankees. Yankees think Southerners are dumb. I've met a few folks from the Plains, and out West, and they think like a regular person and have manners.A Yankee is usually a "Know it all" type.Everything was better where they came from, but they wont go back.They want you to cater to them,and want to live like they were still in wherever they came from.Being a Southerner, you have a certain element of pride, that is hard for some people to understand.

flaboy+":4z1y67ln said:
cornstalk":4z1y67ln said:
LOL.

You have to understand that when we say northerners, we are talking about only a few select states on the NE coast. They can't drive, they talk funny, they think they own the world, they think the world owes them, they have no manners, did I say they talk funny? They are not considerate of others, they talk funny, they interfere with my way of life, they clog up my streets and stores, they can't drive, they talk funny.....Get the idea? If not wait until they discover your state. ;-)

I would like to add Iowa to your lists of Northerners and Yankees... They have been days that I wanted to shoot somebody... :roll:

Jake":1j0xikrz said:
I would like to add Iowa to your lists of Northerners and Yankees

I thought it was just the ones that moved to the Ozarks that were jerks

dun

Like Crowder said, there are northerners and then there are Yankee's. Sometimes I cross the terms but if it is a dig, I really mean Yankee. Other than being inconsiderate, selfish, ill mannered, funny speaking, egotistical, look down their nose, poor driving, impatient idiots, I guess they are human.

They think because we talk slow and with purpose we are not educated. Here's another true story for you Crowder. Now you have to remember, when you look up redneck in Webster's, you will see my brothers picture.

The time is the mid 90's. The road is in Florida. The vehicle in question is an F250 4x4. There seems to be a Honda stopped at a traffic light. My brother and dad are in the pickup. The lady wants to turn left but is unsure if she has the right road or not so she stops and is studying the situation. No on coming traffic but she is blocking the intersection trying to figure out what she should do. My brother noticing the tag says "New York" hollers out the window "move it Yankee". Well I guess she didn't take too kindly to his offer so she gave him the one finger salute. At this point he rams her from the rear with his truck. The police show up and my brother tells the cop she backed into him. $500 damage to the Honda, no damage to the truck and no charges or tickets were issued. :lol:

flaboy+":3ki7xlq6 said:
cornstalk":3ki7xlq6 said:
LOL.

you're talking about utah and california, right?

cowgirl580":ghcoh0ur said:
flaboy+":ghcoh0ur said:
cornstalk":ghcoh0ur said:
LOL.

you're talking about utah and california, right?

Well, I gotta admit, you lost me on that one. :oops:

flaboy+":2lzkvc9c said:
They can't drive, they talk funny, they think they own the world, they think the world owes them, they have no manners, did I say they talk funny? They are not considerate of others, they talk funny, they interfere with my way of life, they clog up my streets and stores, they can't drive, they talk funny.....Get the idea?
Flaboy,
Being North of you and being called a yankee by several Texas folk more than once I'm not sure how I fit into this defination.
I'm a bit hard headed which probably make my way of doing things a lot better than yours ;-) Add some alcohol into the equation, and I most likely will get a little mouthy. But I don't talk funny.
And I HATE tea.

But when I read the above quote the first thing I thought of was city folk. They have no manners, the can't drive and they talk funny. :lol:

certherfbeef":19bbyb0x said:
flaboy+":19bbyb0x said:
They can't drive, they talk funny, they think they own the world, they think the world owes them, they have no manners, did I say they talk funny? They are not considerate of others, they talk funny, they interfere with my way of life, they clog up my streets and stores, they can't drive, they talk funny.....Get the idea?
Flaboy,
Being North of you and being called a yankee by several Texas folk more than once I'm not sure how I fit into this defination.
I'm a bit hard headed which probably make my way of doing things a lot better than yours ;-) Add some alcohol into the equation, and I most likely will get a little mouthy. But I don't talk funny.
And
  • I HATE tea.

But when I read the above quote the first thing I thought of was city folk. They have no manners, the can't drive and they talk funny. :lol:
You dont like tea? yep your a yankee.sweet tea is the nectar of the gods ;-)

certherfbeef":3dblo53l said:
flaboy+":3dblo53l said:
Flaboy,
And I HATE tea.

Now certherfbeef, don't let those beer muscles override that humming bird a$$. :lol:

Naw, I don't hate Yankee's, just the ones that come down for the winter or worse yet come down and stay. You stay home and we will get along just fine. :lol: :D ;-)

Susie David":zfz13xw0 said:
And we thought that Jeff Foxworthy made this stuff up :lol:

Naw, he is a member of the board here and gets on to get new material. :lol:

Hold the lemon and the sugar! I like it straight up. Couldn't survive without my daily 1/2 gallon of iced tea.

Latest posts