Non-cert Hereford bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan":304kekz5 said:
El_Putzo":304kekz5 said:
I've heard about the program that the AHA has started, promoting AI bulls that you don't need a certificate to register the progeny. Anybody know where I can find a copy of this list of bulls? I've been scouring the AHA website for the last half hour and can't seem to find anything.

thanks,

We had a thread going a few days ago about cert vs non-certs. Couple of folks said they could find bulls without a problem. After searching the internet for a couple of hours I found 4, one by a google search and Reed has 3. No one else could provide info on the ones the found easily. :roll:

Alan

Alan,

Sorry just getting back on the boards after almost a week. :)

You had a problem finding bulls? For someone who seems to have a keen interest in researching and buying Hereford semen, I am suprised you were not able to come up with the list yourself. I saw where LFF posted the bulls currently in the program (saved me the trouble). I hope you see, that not only were there bulls with reasonable semen cost at the no Cert level, but there were also bulls in the program that represent a good cross section of Hereford genetics and have an age spread that might satisfy your curiosity.

1848":2w1glehj said:
Alan":2w1glehj said:
El_Putzo":2w1glehj said:
I've heard about the program that the AHA has started, promoting AI bulls that you don't need a certificate to register the progeny. Anybody know where I can find a copy of this list of bulls? I've been scouring the AHA website for the last half hour and can't seem to find anything.

thanks,

We had a thread going a few days ago about cert vs non-certs. Couple of folks said they could find bulls without a problem. After searching the internet for a couple of hours I found 4, one by a google search and Reed has 3. No one else could provide info on the ones the found easily. :roll:

Alan

Alan,

Sorry just getting back on the boards after almost a week. :)

You had a problem finding bulls? For someone who seems to have a keen interest in researching and buying Hereford semen, I am suprised you were not able to come up with the list yourself. I saw where LFF posted the bulls currently in the program (saved me the trouble). I hope you see, that not only were there bulls with reasonable semen cost at the no Cert level, but there were also bulls in the program that represent a good cross section of Hereford genetics and have an age spread that might satisfy your curiosity.

1848, don't be surprised I couldn't find the list, I'm a self proclaimed hobby guy, that kind of makes me a moron :D . I also see by the list I have 14 bulls to choose from, as far as the non cert program goes, time will tell. But as a consumer that is wanting to spend "my" money on Hereford semen, I'm staying away from the non cert program, to run in circles I'll say it again as a consumer, spending my money. :D

Alan

Only 2 horned bulls to choose from. I would like more of a choice than that. Maybe some one will enter some more in the future. JHH

Latest posts