No Ethannol Gas

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
The new Murphy Service station opened last week. Was surprised to be able to buy no ethanol gas for just 20 cents more that the 87 e10. I will start buying the no ethanol gas and use in all of my vehicles. Need to stick it to the corn farmers. Both were 87 octane.

Why do you dislike corn farmers?

It was misguided government efforts that created the skewed corn-for-ethanol market.

HDRider said:

It was misguided government efforts that created the skewed corn-for-ethanol market.

Yes I agree but when ever a corn farmer gets on the teat it is hard to knock him loose.

hurleyjd said:
HDRider said:

Yes I agree but when ever a corn farmer gets on the teat it is hard to knock him loose.

When I wean my animals I have to move them away from the teat. They will take the teat as long as it is available.

That's a good price only 20 cents a gallon more than the 10% ethanol gas. It's 60 or 70 cents more here.

If you realize better mileage and it pencils out, then it's worth it... otherwise I just use it in my yard equipment that's more sensitive to stale fuel

hurleyjd said:
HDRider said:

Would you also agree with cutting out food stamps for able bodied adults? Need to get them off the teat too.

I love ethanol gas, I wish they would make it mandatory to have 40% methanol in it. It would make it easier on me to lose more money on cows. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only non-ethanol fuel I can get is 92 octane $4.59/gal. I use it in power trowels, plate compactor and all mixed fuel. The closest place that sells it also has IPA on tap! :hide:

Named'em Tamed'em said:
The only non-ethanol fuel I can get is 92 octane $4.59/gal. I use it in power trowels, plate compactor and all mixed fuel. The closest place that sells it also has IPA on tap! :hide:

only non-ethanol here is Chevron 94... its a little more, but I have connections to get it for a smidge less... not worth it in vehicles, but the dirt bike likes it.. anything that makes it start on the first kick is welcome by my knees.

I had a coworker who claimed he got a lot better mileage with the non ethanol. I ran 5 tank fulls of non ethanol and 5 tanks of 10%. I kept good records. The mileage was basically the same in my car. But I sure run the non ethanol in all the small motors.

Many, if not most boat marinas have ethanol free gasoline and around here, most Buc-ees does.
(Lake Fork Marina shows to have ethanol free gasoline)

HDRider said:
hurleyjd said:
HDRider said:

When I wean my animals I have to move them away from the teat. They will take the teat as long as it is available.
The latest word is we will go to E15 shortly. The only place to buy the no ethanol in my area was at the small mom and pop stores that catered to the boat traffic here. Always $3.50 to $4.00 a gallon. The plan was to find other biomass to make ethanol but never happened can you say ADM. Farm Bureau and other corn based lobbying groups were for the corn to fuel rules. The rule told the refiners to use a certain amount of ethanol each year. Not according to a percent. If not used they had to kick in the same amount of money if they had used it. It is another program that makes me buy something that I do not want. The same as the ACA. Also my wife had a 2001 Cadillac Deville that we were getting 21 mpg. After using the no ethanol the car jumped to 29mpg. We are going to use the no ethanol in the 2009 DTS Cadillac which is averaging 23mpg and see what happens. Will report later. Both of these cars have the 4.6l north star engine in them. The 2001 is sitting behind the barn with 200,000 miles and no engine oil pressure.

hurleyjd said:
HDRider said:
hurleyjd said:

The latest word is we will go to E15 shortly. The only place to buy the no ethanol in my area was at the small mom and pop stores that catered to the boat traffic here. Always $3.50 to $4.00 a gallon. The plan was to find other biomass to make ethanol but never happened can you say ADM. Farm Bureau and other corn based lobbying groups were for the corn to fuel rules. The rule told the refiners to use a certain amount of ethanol each year. Not according to a percent. If not used they had to kick in the same amount of money if they had used it. It is another program that makes me buy something that I do not want. The same as the ACA. Also my wife had a 2001 Cadillac Deville that we were getting 21 mpg. After using the no ethanol the car jumped to 29mpg. We are going to use the no ethanol in the 2009 DTS Cadillac which is averaging 23mpg and see what happens. Will report later. Both of these cars have the 4.6l north star engine in them. The 2001 is sitting behind the barn with 200,000 miles and no engine oil pressure.
I thought you were the guy that said big government had all the answers. Big government has big sponsors that cause big problems for normal people.

HDRider said:
hurleyjd said:
HDRider said:
I thought you were the guy that said big government had all the answers. Big government has big sponsors that cause big problems for normal people.
Takes big government to keep the USA going and I am not against if it helps everyone. Tell me some of the problems that big government has caused you. Some big projects from big government. Highway systems, TVA, Hoover Dam. going to the moon. Now Trump wants to go to the moon again will it take big government or small government. Small government comes from small minded people. Take big thinkers to keep America going. I try to do my small part. Time to open your mind and think what if.

hurleyjd said:
HDRider said:
hurleyjd said:
Takes big government to keep the USA going and I am not against if it helps everyone. Tell me some of the problems that big government has caused you. Some big projects from big government. Highway systems, TVA, Hoover Dam. going to the moon. Now Trump wants to go to the moon again will it take big government or small government. Small government comes from small minded people. Take big thinkers to keep America going. I try to do my small part. Time to open your mind and think what if.

I am proud to be in company with other small minded individuals....

Federalism
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite." – James Madison, Federalist 45, 1788

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." – Tenth Amendment, 1791

"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground that 'all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states or to the people.' To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress, is to take possession of a boundless field of power, not longer susceptible of any definition." – Thomas Jefferson, Opinion on the Constitutionality of a National Bank, 1791

Limited Government
"[T]he general government is not to be charged with the whole power of making and administering laws: its jurisdiction is limited to certain enumerated objects, which concern all the members of the republic, but which are not to be attained by the separate provisions of any." – James Madison, Federalist 14, 1787

"It will not be denied that power is of an encroaching nature and that it ought to be effectually restrained from passing the limits assigned to it." – James Madison, Federalist 48, 1788

"I own I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive." – Thomas Jefferson, Letter to James Madison, 1787

"The propriety of a law, in a constitutional light, must always be determined by the nature of the powers upon which it is founded." – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist 33, 1788

HDRider said:
hurleyjd said:
HDRider said:

I am proud to be in company with other small minded individuals....

Federalism
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite." – James Madison, Federalist 45, 1788

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." – Tenth Amendment, 1791

"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground that 'all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states or to the people.' To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress, is to take possession of a boundless field of power, not longer susceptible of any definition." – Thomas Jefferson, Opinion on the Constitutionality of a National Bank, 1791

Limited Government
"[T]he general government is not to be charged with the whole power of making and administering laws: its jurisdiction is limited to certain enumerated objects, which concern all the members of the republic, but which are not to be attained by the separate provisions of any." – James Madison, Federalist 14, 1787

"It will not be denied that power is of an encroaching nature and that it ought to be effectually restrained from passing the limits assigned to it." – James Madison, Federalist 48, 1788

"I own I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive." – Thomas Jefferson, Letter to James Madison, 1787

"The propriety of a law, in a constitutional light, must always be determined by the nature of the powers upon which it is founded." – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist 33, 1788
You are using statements made 303 years or so ago. Think where we would be if the states took up all of the laws to fit your statements. We would have 50 little countries each with laws to govern each country as their warlord dictated. Each country would be building walls to keep other countries citizens out. Every one would own a muzzle loading rifle, pistol or cannon as they see fit to own. These were the arms that the founding fathers only knew about. The eleven States of the Confederacy lasted 4 years and had their azz handed to them. Read here how the South planned to fund the confederacy.https://www.britannica.com/topic/Confederate-States-of-America. The US Supreme Court has a hard job trying to make the Constitution give the freedoms to everyone 303 year later and in 2019 that the constitution gives to everyone. It took a long time for the Constitution to be interpreted to let Women vote. 1n 1776 the motto of the United States was. "E Pluribus Unum". In 1956 the motto was changed to "In God We Trust". The great seal of the United States has an eagle having a banner in its beak that says "E Pluribus Unum" So as you should see America has been in a flux every since the day it was conceived.

Latest posts