News to thrill all Texans

Help Support CattleToday:

MillIronQH

Reaction score
From Paul Harvey's noon show Friday on KVET Austin:

The Dallas Independent School District has hired 40 teachers from Mexico to teach in the district. Three year work visas, top wages plus bonuses. There are 190,000 students in the DISD. 60% are Meskin. Excuse me Hispanic Mexican Nationals.

Is there something wrong with this picture or is it just me???Z

I think that the problem is that no one wants to teach in DISD schools. I certainly would not. Plus, you do have lots of Hispanic kids, as I believe that they are now the majority, and so, what the heck.

However, if a you went to medical school in Mexico, you would not be allowed to practice medicine in the US. Why would a teacher that earned a teaching certificate in Mexico be allowed to teach in the US? No offense, but I bet that the training just isn't as rigorous.

DISD is in a whole big pickle. I think they are grasping at straws. Their new superintendent is hispanic and I heard him on the radio, said something like " it was the most goodest thing", something like that. I thought, great, the guy in charge can't speak grammatically correct English.

That says a lot, don't you think?

I have no problem teaching mexican kids english, we have done this for over a hundred years to other nationalities to become a naturalized citizen.

My rub is they are illegal and do not want to be Americans willing to die to preserve the freedoms of the constitution and bill of rights.

This country was founded from every corner of the world on a few basic principles when we cease to be willing to die to set and keep men free the Republic will be no more.

Caustic Burno":1kw3488l said:
I have no problem teaching mexican kids english, we have done this for over a hundred years to other nationalities to become a naturalized citizen.

so you think those teachers from Mexico will be teaching in English, CB?

If you'll remember it wasn't but a couple of years ago theytried to make Spanish the second offical language in Texas. Sorry but I'm not ready to apoligise for my flags being Red, white and blu and not red white and green.

I am probably one the few if not the only person on this board whose ancestors didn't come here willingly. But this is home now and has been since the 1740s and I dern sure didn't expect to be taught in French when I was in school. In fact a sure fire way to get your knuckles rapped with a ruler was to speak French in the class room.Z

I am not one of those people that think that those who come here from other countries should totally forget their language and heritage, but I do think that this is the USA and that everyone should be able to converse and write in English. Of course, having said that, there are all kinds of folks born here who can't do that!

Don't lose your native tongue, but speak English and expect others to do the same. And learn how to drive!!!!! :mad:

Caustic Burno":3c1skess said:

My rub is they are illegal and do not want to be Americans willing to die to preserve the freedoms of the constitution and bill of rights.

This country was founded from every corner of the world on a few basic principles when we cease to be willing to die to set and keep men free the Republic will be no more.
Very well said, wish that more were of the same opinion.

Went into the new Super Wal Mart in my area for the first time on Saturday. Not familiar with the new store so I tried to locate things I needed by the labeled signs above the isle but, the triangular shaped signs are in Spanish on two sides and you have to be directly in front of the isle to read the English by the time you can read the sign in English you can see what's down the darn isle. Before I left the store I had learned several new words in spanish! Something just didn't feel right about the whole experience.

I heard on the news awhile back that they wanted to make all American students take spanish as a second language, shouldn't it be all people from mexico, etc.. should be taking English lessons?

GMN

I would have a problem with this if they are brought in to teach them studies in Spanish, if it is to help them learn English that would be one thing.

But if they are bringing in teachers to teach the kids in the Spanish language so they do not have to learn English I am big against it.

Believe 100% that immigrants that wish to be Americans one day must learn the language.

aplusmnt":7ywzzhhk said:
I would have a problem with this if they are brought in to teach them studies in Spanish, if it is to help them learn English that would be one thing.

But if they are bringing in teachers to teach the kids in the Spanish language so they do not have to learn English I am big against it.

Believe 100% that immigrants that wish to be Americans one day must learn the language.

aplusmnt,

In my opinion, the immigrants who do want to become American citizens will learn the English language if they don't already know it. My gripe is the immigrants who do not want to become citizens, but merely use this great nation for it's monetary benefits. These free benefits should be cut off to save us taxpayers a few billion bucks.

Jack

jack.diamond":1pk24nme said:
aplusmnt":1pk24nme said:

aplusmnt,

In my opinion, the immigrants who do want to become American citizens will learn the English language if they don't already know it. My gripe is the immigrants who do not want to become citizens, but merely use this great nation for it's monetary benefits. These free benefits should be cut off to save us taxpayers a few billion bucks.

Jack

We need to get control of the borders that is for sure.
The way to stop the illegal worker is to start throwing the employers in jail. You stop the jobs you will stop the illegals.
Fisrt place we need to clean house is the Congress and Senate and put some Americans in those jobs that are concerned with issues of the country. Not just staying in office and lining there pockets. You want to get mad look at your Congressman's beneifit package and retirement.
I am not against a legal work visa at all you have a way to track people as well as they have to pay into the system.

My daughter just started the 7th grade this year, and all 7th graders are required to take a second language course.... German. :D I guess it goes back to the majority of early settlers to this area came from German descent..... I am 50% German, so I think it is kind of cool. I don't know any German, and my biggest claim to keeping that heritage alive in my family is my love for bread things and potato things :D :D :D

Caustic Burno":1oxeidze said:
We need to get control of the borders that is for sure.The way to stop the illegal worker is to start throwing the employers in jail. You stop the jobs you will stop the illegals.
Fisrt place we need to clean house is the Congress and Senate and put some Americans in those jobs that are concerned with issues of the country. Not just staying in office and lining there pockets. You want to get mad look at your Congressman's beneifit package and retirement.
I am not against a legal work visa at all you have a way to track people as well as they have to pay into the system.

You are absolutely correct, CB. Border security has been on everyone's minds for decades and in the last 2 weeks of this congressional session, they finally pass a bill in the House, but nothing in the Senate. Now they all go home and tell everyone they were working on it when the session ended - like they were the good guys.

AND - a requirement since the early 1900's to become a US citizen, the immigrant must demonstrate oral proficiency in the English language. How come we don't enforce that???

My sister and her husband went to the History of the Cowboy at the IMAX in Ft. Worth a few weeks back with us. The pre-show seating and exit information displayed on the screen was in Spanish. They cat-called and hooted, shouting we're in America - not Mexico! They are both proficient in Spanish and were really ticked. They got lots of other people joining in with them, too.

Public displays of protest - non-violent - are needed as well.

Caustic Burno":wg1n7aqt said:
jack.diamond":wg1n7aqt said:
aplusmnt":wg1n7aqt said:

aplusmnt,

Jack

We need to get control of the borders that is for sure.
The way to stop the illegal worker is to start throwing the employers in jail. You stop the jobs you will stop the illegals.

Caustic I have never agreed with you more! You pretty well summed up the whole immigration issue in one paragraph!

Latest posts