News Flash!

Help Support CattleToday:

That's what I've always been told!! Thank the good Lord that I have never had to deal with them!

Good luck and I hope you pass them soon!

J&D Cattle":2mz47e3e said:
No good Dun. Hope you get to feeling better.
Tha pain meds they have now just beat the snot out of morphine.

dun":11hdjwgz said:
J&D Cattle":11hdjwgz said:
No good Dun. Hope you get to feeling better.
Tha pain meds they have now just beat the snot out of morphine.

I guess your better half is giving you lots of sympathy? :D My wife always says I'm worse to take care of than the kids.

Coke. Asparagus if you can stand it. Put it in the oven and toast it like you would french fries. Season salt. Pinch your nose and bite in.

7 different bouts with them now. I quit eating pecan pie and the problem seems to have rectified itself. Still going through pecan pie withdrawals tho!

They don't seem to hurt me as bad as they do others. Bleeding is what becomes dangerous.

Thank The Lord I have never had them but my wife has had 7 and I would not wish them on anyone. She had the stones before she had our son. I asked her which was worse, kidney stones or child birth. She said the stones by far. If child birth was that bad everyone would be an only child. I feel for you Dun.

I've heard it before that kidney stones are more painful than childbirth.. though in some cases perhaps as rewarding :hide:

hillbilly beef man":13wofgnq said:
Thank The Lord I have never had them but my wife has had 7 and I would not wish them on anyone. She had the stones before she had our son. I asked her which was worse, kidney stones or child birth. She said the stones by far. If child birth was that bad everyone would be an only child. I feel for you Dun.

I had 4 my first bout. Had passed one that looked like a bur. Doc saw the graphs and said, "I can't believe you're up walking!" "Did you see that guy in the waiting room?" I said, the one all wrapped up in blankets over in the corner?" He says, "Yes. He has one stone about 1/3 third the size of any of your three."

For some reason I have been blessed to not endure the terrible pain.

Now when they took my appendix and did all those hernia repairs, I had 9 holes in my stomach muscle area. I was a total whimp. Doc said it was worse than having a baby by a long shot. More stitches than a C section.

Sorry you are going thru this. FIL had one years ago said passing it was like pizzin' a cocklebur. That was before they used ultrasound or whatever to break them up. Hope you get well soon.

I hope you pass it without them having to retrive it. I've been to er atleast 6 times. Last one the had to remove and I swear they use channel locks and a garden hose

I'm sorry to hear this. Prayers lifted for you.
Pain meds are a good thing. and kidney stones are worse than labor pains and childbirth.
Drink lots of water if you can. That always helped me.
Good luck

Dun, you never bytch about anything so this must be pretty bad... Sorry you're dealing with it. Be careful with the drugs, to. They are better than morphine but they are also more addictive. My wife was on quite a few of them for quite a while(prescribed) and after the last time she weaned off of them she decided pain was not such a bad thing and won't touch them anymore.

Been there done it and got the t-shirt............Dun you have my deepest sympathy. It's a miserable deal.

Latest posts