Good news regarding fake meat

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
They (beyond meat) lost their butt's last quarter... and the qtr before too.
Can't think of a better bunch for it to happen to.

fake meat

"Beyond Meat on Thursday reported a wider-than-expected loss and shrinking revenue for its fourth quarter.

The company also released a weak forecast for its 2022 revenue, although it said it plans to spend less on growing the business.

Shares of the company fell more than 11% in extended trading.

Here's what the company reported in the three months ended Dec. 31 compared with what Wall Street was expecting, based on a survey of analysts by Refinitiv:

• Loss per share: $1.27 vs. 71 cents expected
  • Revenue: $100.7 million vs. $101.4 million expected
Beyond reported fourth-quarter net loss of $80.37 million, or $1.27 cents per share, wider than its loss of $25.08 million, or 40 cents per share, a year earlier. Analysts surveyed by Refinitiv were forecasting a loss of 71 cents per share.

Net sales dropped 1.2% to $100.7 million, falling short of expectations of $101.4 million.

This marks the second consecutive quarter that Beyond has disappointed investors and analysts with its losses and revenue. The company said its third-quarter results were hurt by a number of factors, ranging from the delta variant to distribution issues to a $1.9 million write-off tied to water damage at one of its plants.

CEO Ethan Brown said in a statement that the company expects to "substantially moderate" the growth of its operating expenses in 2022, which could help it return to profitability."

Their losses are increasing. Last two quarters were -31c Q2 2021 and -87c Q3 2021. Now you're saying -1.21.
Declining revenue suggest they're in trouble.

Wait, I thought this was going to crush the beef industry? Or was that the meat created in a lab thing?

Makes one wonder where your checkoff dollars are going.
It was much worse back before the Check-off. Beef was bashed in every issue because money talks and they could print anything because it didn't hurt their pocketbook. Soon as there was money generated through the check-off that was spent on advertising in the magazines, the tone changed...for the better for beef. I saw it happen with my own eyes. The mention of fake meat has been just that, mentioned, but recepies including beef still run. I just wish they would compare the two or at least show what is in the fake meat.

Do I think the Checkoff could do better with their money...yes. Do I think it has done some good...yes, absolutely. We are better off with it, than without it, IMO. If we don't speak up in favor of beef (through the Checkoff), who will????

It was much worse back before the Check-off. Beef was bashed in every issue because money talks and they could print anything because it didn't hurt their pocketbook. Soon as there was money generated through the check-off that was spent on advertising in the magazines, the tone changed...for the better for beef. I saw it happen with my own eyes. The mention of fake meat has been just that, mentioned, but recepies including beef still run. I just wish they would compare the two or at least show what is in the fake meat.

Do I think the Checkoff could do better with their money...yes. Do I think it has done some good...yes, absolutely. We are better off with it, than without it, IMO. If we don't speak up in favor of beef (through the Checkoff), who will????
There is some progress. The low fat movement is dying a slow death. Everyone now understands that sugar was the enemy all along. As our red meat consumption has fallen diabetes has skyrocketed. Need I say more?

It all started when they reversed the food Pyramid, remember that? Meat was on top and grains on the bottom. The government reversed that and put meat on the bottom and grain on the top to encourage the consumption of grain over meat. We see how that worked.

My mother-in-law didn't like bread and she didn't like cereal. Ate a lot of meat. She just passed away at 101 and had very little wrong with her other than being in a bad car wreck at one time. She took one pill for high blood pressure.

It all started when they reversed the food Pyramid, remember that? Meat was on top and grains on the bottom. The government reversed that and put meat on the bottom and grain on the top to encourage the consumption of grain over meat. We see how that worked.

My mother-in-law didn't like bread and she didn't like cereal. Ate a lot of meat. She just passed away at 101 and had very little wrong with her other than being in a bad car wreck at one time. She took one pill for high blood pressure.
Have you ever noticed that the food pyramid looks more like a yield per acre pyramid? It's the diet that allows us to support the highest population possible. we now know that it's completely flawed from a nutrient perspective but is nutrition really the point?