Newbie with questions about crossbreeds

Help Support CattleToday:

bully54

Reaction score
I'm looking to start a crossbreed herd. I'm thinking of crossing Hereford bull with Black Angus then run a Red Brahman cross the calves later on. Just wanting some input. I have two small sons that I'm getting involved in cattle and really excited about getting this off the ground with them.
Thanks

bully54":2g4io3qi said:
I'm looking to start a crossbreed herd. I'm thinking of crossing Hereford bull with Black Angus then run a Red Brahman cross the calves later on. Just wanting some input. I have two small sons that I'm getting involved in cattle and really excited about getting this off the ground with them.
Thanks
Welcome to CT. Before I answer your question, where are you from? It plays a part in what you should do. I will tell you that the Brahman is in the wrong order if needed at all.

That is a big shot of Brahman at the end. What are you planning on doing with the calves?

A nice set of Brahman cows with a Hereford bull (if you must :kid:).... back to a Black Angus bull would give some nice cattle all along the way. That should be more than enough Bramhan in most cases. With a nice set of Brahman cows you can really go any where you want.

Welcome to the Board. In the end what ever floats your boat... just let us know how it turns out... good or bad. :)

What about just crossing hereford and red brangus? You'd lop off quite a bit of ear but have a similar end result in much less time and they'd be consistantly red as aposed to red, black and brindle.

Don't know much about the brahman, but your talk'n bauldies , good eat'n or good money can't go wrong. welcome to C.T. boards , oh ya where are you . :tiphat: :welcome: :banana:

bully54":131fojyj said:
Thanks

Why not start with some cross-bred cows and go from there? You can play around with any bull you like with a good cross, especially maybe a red-baldie (Herf-RA) cow.

Just a suggestion. And :welcome:

Brute 23":8ce1bcha said:
That is a big shot of Brahman at the end. What are you planning on doing with the calves?

A nice set of Brahman cows with a Hereford bull (if you must :kid:).... back to a Black Angus bull would give some nice cattle all along the way. That should be more than enough Bramhan in most cases. With a nice set of Brahman cows you can really go any where you want.

Welcome to the Board. In the end what ever floats your boat... just let us know how it turns out... good or bad. :)

I have to agree with this. 50% Brahman would be a lot if you are marketing crosses (depending on your location). Let us know that and we may be able to help more. :welcome:

Best looking brahman cross females I've seen were out of h hereford cows and a red brahman bull. I much prefer this cherry color over the brindle tigerstripe. They appeared to carry more bone and less frame (both pluses imo) than most f1 brafords I've seen as well.

Thanks for the info guys. Glad to be on here. Anyway I believe the Brahman would be to much in the end the more I think about it. I really like the Baldys as much as I like Black Herefords.

My mind is not right. Meant to say I like the Baldys like I like Brangus.

Latest posts