New Years Eve plans ???????

Help Support CattleToday:

New Year's Day: My sister made lunch - yum.
Her year-old nephew and daughter found the dog biscuits and sampled.
It was so hot I dreamed of fire when I lay down - a bad habit of mine since watching a section of pines go up in flames on my last farm.

The farm bike stalled and refused to start a mile from the cowshed, and a mile from the back of the farm where I was going. The other has not yet been returned from being serviced in town (and you wondered why one person needs five sets of self-propelled wheels to run a farm??)
We drank to a better year than the last, not long after midnight.
The cows stuffed themselves full of grass and left some behind... and within a fortnight if we don't get rain we'll be into drought management.
Am contemplating the urgent need for communication with the farm owners regarding the feed situation. But I got three days' feed ahead of the cows.

I've listened to four messages on my answering machine from family/friends wishing me a Happy New Year.
Spent half an hour in the late morning sun with the herd, taking photos.

Fell asleep in the big chair at 9:15 pm after grilling burgers and cooking squash and southwestern blackeye peas for the family. Pretty exciting, huh? But I wouldn't trade for anything.

skyline":2v4t30wp said:
Fell asleep in the big chair at 9:15 pm after grilling burgers and cooking squash and southwestern blackeye peas for the family. Pretty exciting, huh? But I wouldn't trade for anything.

:lol: :lol: Not as spry a we used to be when we closed down the culbs I guess. You did outlast me, I didn't make 8:45. :oops:

I'm sure a lot of people will wake up with a terrible headache and hangover an think they had fun last night.

1982vett":f7g08xwe said:
skyline":f7g08xwe said:

:lol: :lol: Not as spry a we used to be when we closed down the culbs I guess. You did outlast me, I didn't make 8:45. :oops:

vett, been there and done that. I just don't have it in me anymore. Happy new year to you and yours.

curtis":39t661go said:
I'm sure a lot of people will wake up with a terrible headache and hangover an think they had fun last night.

Wife's not looking too spry today, ha! We went to one of your old hang-outs. Drunk people are annoying when you're sober.

Well my bride got her Lobster tails. I went and bought some locally and fixed them with wild rice and mushrooms and a mesclun salad. We washed it all down with a bottle of Prosecco and then watched a chic flick on the Lifetime channel. Man I cannot believe how much easier that Champagne make it to watch that kind of movie.hahaha
I made up for it today I took off and went Duck and Goose hunting just to make sure she didn't think I had gone completely soft,

tncattle467":2ffhmd3o said:
Seeing as how I am laid up with a third degree sprained ankle, and have to keep it elevated and cannot walk without crutches I have no plans at least until monday. My neighbor was kind enough to offer to feed and check the cattle (he has nearly 400 head and has been in the business all his life so he knows his stuff). So, here we are having calves born and I do not get to experience finding that new calf. It sucks.
What a horrible thought. [ Not seeing a calve born ] What happenrd to the Kubota 500. Was it repossessed ?
~Tom. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts