New water hole

Help Support CattleToday:

2ic4pxz.jpg

Silver":8av2s0cd said:
Got the trench dug today. About 120 feet of trench, 15 feet deep
2wdu8tf.jpg

And set the base for the trough
25h0p7b.jpg

Got it back filled too. Just want to add a bit more hose on the dugout side and attach float and weight to the line in case I want to get a hold of it one day. Should get parts tomorrow. Then I can start pumping water in, and set up the solar system.
Trying to get my head around a 15 ft deep trench that doesn't sluff off.....

1982vett":1rncodu6 said:
Trying to get my head around a 15 ft deep trench that doesn't sluff off.....

Lol, there are not a lot of benefits to living on top of hundreds of feet of blue clay, but non sluffing trenches is one of them!

NonTypicalCPA":1wzoibao said:
Man, a new pond and a new shop! You must be living right!

Well, the shop we have been dreaming of for many many years, and have done without and suffered for all that time. I don't feel like we rushed into it. :lol:
The duguout is really just diesel fuel, the equipment would otherwise just be sitting around making us wonder why we had it!

MtnCows93":2dzs5yax said:
thats a nice pond and all but wouldnt it have been cheaper to just drill a well

First you'd need to have an aquifer to drill into. We don't. If we did have an aquifer, it would cost over $10,000 to put one in including a pump for 200 feet of cased well. I think we used about 600 gallons of diesel fuel to dig this, so we are miles ahead in terms of cost.

NonTypicalCPA":2fu3w5kt said:
Silver are you putting any fish in that pond?

Haven't given it much thought yet. I'd have to look into aerating equipment and such though, and that would mean more solar panels or a wind mill.... Too much to think hard about for this year.

it would cost over $10,000 to put one in including a pump for 200 feet of cased well
Pretty high well cost up there compared to here. I have one right at 200 feet that was turnkey including submersible pump for about $5200. I guess being out in the boonies as far as you are, sometimes comes with a price.

I looked into windmills several years ago...them things ain't cheap!! and you still have to have the well drilled.

Silver":3bfv7fuv said:
MtnCows93":3bfv7fuv said:

First you'd need to have an aquifer to drill into. We don't. If we did have an aquifer, it would cost over $10,000 to put one in including a pump for 200 feet of cased well. I think we used about 600 gallons of diesel fuel to dig this, so we are miles ahead in terms of cost.
ok that makes sence, where im from you can drill a 100' well and you got all the water youll ever need

MtnCows93":13wzrj9y said:
Silver":13wzrj9y said:
MtnCows93":13wzrj9y said:

ok that makes sence, where im from you can drill a 100' well and you got all the water youll ever need

That would would be wonderful, I can't imagine.

Latest posts