New Type of Cattlemen!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.R.R.

Reaction score
I have been catching up on some posts and have learned that there are now three types of cattlemen instead of just the two I knew of!!

#1 Rancher type

#2 Hobbyist type

#3 Welfare type

I will be far more excepting of the hobbyist type now that I have heard of this third kind. :roll:

I was wondering about them welfarers myself. Don't tell me they've infiltrated the cattle business !! I spend enough tax money on 'em and now they're going to ruin my days at the stockyards ???

So do you guys make your kids turn down grants for college. Do you say no free money! Go work at mcd. you people are an interesting lot. If we raise cattle or pork, or poultry or whatever you people do when you're not looking stupid on here. You generally pay taxes, so how your welfare I don't know. If you pay in and its available I'm going to take it. Of course there is nothing available. For me anyway.

So do you guys make your kids turn down grants for college.

Excellent question! Kind of puts in perspective, for me, anyway.

Alice

LangCattleCompany":p7g4xr4v said:
So do you guys make your kids turn down grants for college. Do you say no free money! Go work at mcd. you people are an interesting lot. If we raise cattle or pork, or poultry or whatever you people do when you're not looking stupid on here. You generally pay taxes, so how your welfare I don't know. If you pay in and its available I'm going to take it. Of course there is nothing available. For me anyway.

My kids work their summers to pay their half and my wife and I pay the other half. No free handouts around here!

How do you take pride in what you have built when half your fence, pond, barn and bull was handed to you?

I am 19 years old and was interested in improving the land that is in my family because we cannot afford to make all the improvments necessary. now if you want to say im looking for wellfare then thats your business, but i thought that land grants were a semi-commonthing. i guess next time i have a question ill find someother place. sorry for creating a third type of rancher.

dbc":jwy7wxml said:
I am 19 years old and was interested in improving the land that is in my family because we cannot afford to make all the improvments necessary. now if you want to say im looking for wellfare then thats your business, but i thought that land grants were a semi-commonthing. i guess next time i have a question ill find someother place. sorry for creating a third type of rancher.

You are 19yr and way to young to be sorry! Also way to young to be looking for handouts. You have free land from your family which puts you a hugh step ahead of most. Take some pride in yourself go to school get a job and then use your hard earned money on fixing up the place. Then you can walk tall with your head up and tell anyone that that should ever try to knock you to go to HE$$!!! ;-)

S.R.R.":3c4t4o9c said:
dbc":3c4t4o9c said:

You are 19yr and way to young to be sorry! Also way to young to be looking for handouts. You have free land from your family which puts you a hugh step ahead of most. Take some pride in yourself go to school get a job and then use your hard earned money on fixing up the place. Then you can walk tall with your head up and tell anyone that that should ever try to knock you to go to HE$$!!! ;-)

SRR,
This young man is to young to be sorry and your to old to be an A$$. But somehow it happened.

Last I checked there was more to farming than a new fence, so even if he does get that done, if he farms and makes a living. He is FAR from sorry.

MD

dbc,

Opinions are like, well you know...and we all have one. The one that counts is your's and how it will have a long term impact on your life. If you are comfortable using a grant, do it. And remember, after you've thought it out, don't look back, and don't second guess yourself. Pride goeth before a fall...don't make the mistake of looking back on something that could've been just because someone dissed you for it.

Lots and lots of people have what they have because they earned it the old fashioned way...they inherited it. And, lot's of those people, if they looked back far enough, might discover that their land was granted to them.

Do some internet research for your state...see what they have to offer...grants, interest free notes...whatever.

Alice

redfornow":1yuw6eeh said:
S.R.R.":1yuw6eeh said:
dbc":1yuw6eeh said:

SRR,
This young man is to young to be sorry and your to old to be an A$$. But somehow it happened.

Last I checked there was more to farming than a new fence, so even if he does get that done, if he farms and makes a living. He is FAR from sorry.

MD

With a response like that I can see you are one of these new types of cattlemen I am talking about. ;-) I see nothing wrong with encouraging a young person to have pride in themselves and not to join the ranks of the welfare cattlemen at such a young age. :x

The way I see it is,no mater who you are or how much money you got. Sometime somewhere in your life you are going to have to ask somebody for something.

Now if you think you are the high and mighty and so mean and tough you haven't asked for anything in your life,you are only fooling yourself, for sure you're not fooling anyone here.

Maby the reason you don't take a college grant or land grant or goverment help is because you've evaded paying your taxes and are to ashamed to ask. Makes sense to me.

I draw social security,work retirement,and have vet benifits and i'm here to tell ya I don't feel the least bit bad about any penny of it.
Because in the first place I will never get back what I paid in to the government anyhow.
And also I think any vet should get some kind of a break. After all didn't the government ask a little from him to put his life on the line for them?

Now ya'll just get down off your high horse, cause you da.. sure aint fooling me none.
Even the richest man in the world is gonna have to ask his maker for a favor sometime. He better just hope he don't wait to late to do it.

Cal

S.R.R.":13sw807k said:
redfornow":13sw807k said:
S.R.R.":13sw807k said:
dbc":13sw807k said:

SRR,

MD

With a response like that I can see you are one of these new types of cattlemen I am talking about. ;-) I see nothing wrong with encouraging a young person to have pride in themselves and not to join the ranks of the welfare cattlemen at such a young age. :x

Thats my point exactly you dont know CRAP about me or the young man either one. Alot of talk but not much else good.
I have never taken a penny in my life, but dont see where its your business if I do or not.
Meanwhile, pick up one of those big books. I believe "encouraging" is defined alittle different than calling a young man you know nothing about sorry. So I stand by my first statement of you just being an A$$.
Yep you are a mentor to us all. :roll:

MD

S.R.R.":1g3grdkr said:
LangCattleCompany":1g3grdkr said:

My kids work their summers to pay their half and my wife and I pay the other half. No free handouts around here!

How do you take pride in what you have built when half your fence, pond, barn and bull was handed to you?

So you would have your kids turn down free money that you and they pay for through your taxes? Why are you paying half their way? That's not teaching them to take responsibility is it? Oh my this is very troubling. Keep up the entertainment for me please. Like I said before that's all I come here for most of the time.

Calman":350fbjcj said:
Now if you think you are the high and mighty and so mean and tough you haven't asked for anything in your life,you are only fooling yourself, for sure you're not fooling anyone here.

Maby the reason you don't take a college grant or land grant or goverment help is because you've evaded paying your taxes and are to ashamed to ask. Makes sense to me.
Cal

I see we have another of this new type of cattlemen on our hands with you Calman. :x

As for taxes you do not know the first thing about paying tax !!!! Ask any Canadian on this board about what it means to pay tax and you will have a real learning experience! ;-) It is not high or mighty to encourage a young person to work hard for what they get and if you think otherwise then there is little hope for the future of our children!!!

You may want the next crop of kids to stand around with their hand out but I as do many others have hope for them and believe that with a bit of direction they can do better then their fathers!!!!

By the way, never said I was mean and tough ( but thank you for the compliment anyway much obliged!) :oops: :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts