New trunk saw............

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":9l4ed62d said:
SmokinM":9l4ed62d said:
Wish I had your talent. I think I cuss small engines especially weedeaters more than anything other than people's stupidity. Those 346xp saws may be the best saws ever made. Power to weight ratio is incredible. Even the die hard Stihl guys are always amazed when I break it out. I have one in each truck and am always looking for another one just because.
I'm a husky guy by nature, I like the ergonomics better than the stilhs, especially the prehistoric "cinder block" stihls like the 056's... That said, one of my go-to saws is the 044 I picked up for a steal of a deal.. runs awesome, feels good in your hand, and has great power to weight.. I have an 064 as well, its a much bigger saw.. Usually when I need a big saw I'll skip it and get a Husky 288 or 394... I have 5 husky 2100's I need to finish putting together.. them are big brutes!

Stihl 056 sure weren't "prehistoric" or "cinder block". They were a blessing from God. Try getting close up and personal with an 075 for a couple months or worse an 090. Personally if I am cutting firewood I prefer my 066. But I ran those big saws for years and I like it when it doesn't take long to make a cut.

Dave":3p3oa8f8 said:
Stihl 056 sure weren't "prehistoric" or "cinder block". They were a blessing from God. Try getting close up and personal with an 075 for a couple months or worse an 090. Personally if I am cutting firewood I prefer my 066. But I ran those big saws for years and I like it when it doesn't take long to make a cut.
My 064 has an 066 top end and 215 psi compression.. takes a little to start it, but it does run well.. I still reach for the 288 or 294's first, and would definitely take those over an 056.. and I LOATHED working on the 056.. absolute misery to work on

Latest posts