New Tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

hoyt79

Reaction score
Just wanted to brag a little bit about our first tractor purchase. We got a 2006 JD 5203. We bought it with a 6' bush hog to mow the pasture and will be adding more implements soon. The tractor only has 1500 hours and runs/performs nicely. I was actually looking for a Massey 135 when I stumbled upon this one. We went over our budget to get it but I couldn't be happier. Here are a few pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Congrats on the new tractor. The first one is always the most exciting. Looks like your cattle approve also.

Is there any difference in quality or ease of getting parts between the Indian JDs and American JDs?

Thank you! Yes, it's MUCH more of a tractor than the 135 and am glad I did not settle for one of those. I think I can add a loader to this model for around $5000 if my memory serves me right. Something to think about in the future...

HDRider":1j0xua7c said:
Is there any difference in quality or ease of getting parts between the Indian JDs and American JDs?

Parts are available both at the dealer, and online at many sites. I am probably an odd ball, but I like the imported John Deere. You get the resale that goes with a Deere, and it's a tough little tractor for the money.

its very diff than my 5210

now see thats what i mean about the model number on jd's...mines a 5210..yers is a 5203 but it looks very diff than mine..mines an 01

You out did yourself. I am glad that you didn't jump too fast or you would have missed that great deal!! 1500 hrs! :banana:

and.....you will always be able to get your money back on it. Take care of it like it is a car after you use it like a tractor.

I bought the same tractor, a new 5203 in 2007. Had the wider tires installed on it so it could pull a plow better when needed. It had a loader on it, which I knew I would never use, so I had the dealer take it off and saved $4,000. A year later, I had a loader installed and it only cost $4,800. Brilliant :dunce:

It has been a good one for me and the 55 hp does everything I need doing on this place. I like the fact that it is a very basic tractor, with few bells and whistles, which means less to repair if needed. Just wish it had a hydrostatic transmission. That clutch is hard on my old arthritic knee.

i specifically bought a gear drive..kubota got em with hydro this big but i was afraid of that deal..i can rebuild this one

DB the HSTs are tough son of a guns.an the hydro shuttles are tough as well.i love never having to touch the clutch todo anything except when i need to stop when im running high rpms.

Latest posts